Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I would keep practicing.
    It's what I do.
    And write songs.
    And why not? You have the last word :0)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith
    The gaypocalypse - where society went gay during the 10s. :P
    Thank you for voluntarily isolating yourself from the rest of society. It's very nice to know that decent folk aren't forced to share space with you.

Come to think of it, I've heard the Internet is rapidly "going gay." You should probably hop off.

User Info Menu

Not my fault you chose a paradox as a life path.

Lacked the courage to leave your original reply up, huh?

User Info Menu

No, I just try to be tactful. So why are you mad when held accountable, but you're fine being that way in your personal life?

User Info Menu

I AM the last person in the world.
    I still practice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by InsufferableRhythm
    Lacked the courage to leave your original reply up, huh?
    Off-topic... and Trivial.
    Consider yourself Blocked.
    This is my final reply...

::

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by InsufferableRhythm
    Come to think of it, I've heard the Internet is rapidly "going gay." You should probably hop off.
    Oh Nay...!!
    Where did you hear this?
    (Now, this IS my final reply. Don't reply to the previous almost-final reply.)

What about Jazz Guitar? Is that going next?
    Do we have to stock up now on packs of Depends?
    (Last Final Reply.)

::
    Last edited by StringNavigator; 06-23-2023 at 04:18 PM.

User Info Menu

If you was the last man ON EARTH, marooned on a deserted desert island, and all yer fingers were worn off, and yer strings were past the fresh date... and you're hung-over... and a hurricane was comin'... and it was rainin'... at night... an' the IRS was callin' fer ya... would you practice?!
    ...Would you?!
    Last edited by StringNavigator; 06-23-2023 at 04:33 PM.

User Info Menu

Of course.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bako
    Where did everyone else go?
    Other planets... mostly Jupiter.
    (if you've read City by Clifford D. Simak)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StringNavigator
    If you was the last man ON EARTH, marooned on a deserted desert island, and all yer fingers were worn off, and yer strings were past the fresh date... and you're hung-over... and a hurricane was comin'... and it was rainin'... at night... an' the IRS was callin' fer ya... would you practice?!
    ...Would you?!
    Well, music would probabily still be running in my head and I could keep on practicing in my mind, at least (at last?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StringNavigator
    If you was the last man ON EARTH
    Iz dere womens?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Iz dere womens?
    Oh yeah - Amazons!

Picture one of those Raquel Welch movies to get the gist of what I'm puttin down...
    Last edited by Spirit59; 06-26-2023 at 03:00 AM. Reason: to quote

User Info Menu

I would play even more given the total absence of ill-informed critics!! And practice until I had perfected the sounds in my mind.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Iz dere womens?
    yeah, but no K Pop girls, sorry

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    yeah, but no K Pop girls, sorry
    I don't want to live in a world where there's no KPop girls telling me to back off
    Attached Images Attached Images If you were the only person in the world, would you still play? but practice?-ellin-gif 

User Info Menu

I would continue to play but, undoubtedly, I would end up using sheet music as toilet paper.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    You should rock your mossy oak/real tree duds at your next jazz gig.
    I will! I prefer Otpifade Sub-Alpine Camo...you know so the bow, the pack, and all the clothes match...it's very important.

User Info Menu

If I were the last person in the world, I’d spend a lot less time on social media.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    If you were the last person alive you'd be busy trying to survive. Living off the land=brutal. I guess you could play acoustically in the evening till you ran out of strings.
    This.

But maybe I wouldn't even want to live on if I was the only person in the world. I had a slight taste of of in the first year of the Covid-19 pandemic where I had to seclude myself somewhat due to an immune deficiency condition and that didn't feel good at all. With nobody but myself myself in the world, I believe everything would become meaningless. After all, humans are social creatures and biologically the "purpose" of our existence is to pass on our genomic to coming generations and that's not possible in that scenario. Being the only person in the world is IMHO much worse than being stranded on a deserted island where one cold at least hope for rescue.

And yes, I would have to play acoustically because there would be nobody to run the power plants. Provided I'd want to play at all.