Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 27

User Info Menu

A friend of mine sent me this:
    Mediocre Guitar Player Magazine!-mediocreguitarplayer-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Apparently I've been using exercises from that magazine for years!

User Info Menu

Mediocre Guitar Player Magazine!-f5e7d74e-7495-449f-97e6-0d8a76b2463e-jpegMediocre Guitar Player Magazine!-d84592e4-7926-4b0d-ac51-b954353e881b-jpeg

User Info Menu

Number 2 on that list is priceless and great advice—always blame the bass player.

User Info Menu

There was a guy who planned out a hidden video in a GC to try out a guitar, pretending to be a complete beginner, then said he would blow them away with his skill by surprise. Turns out he actually did sound like a beginner.

I wish I could find that again.

User Info Menu

I am wondering, what could be the content of the article F Chord Myth: Is it Even Necessary?

Kinda associate the qoute from Amadeus "Too many notes" the Emperor said about some few minutes Mozart play.

User Info Menu

If this magazine existed it would do incredibly well….

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    I am wondering, what could be the content of the article F Chord Myth: Is it Even Necessary?
    I imagine it could be along the lines of how most tunes played by mediocre guitarists are in the key of E, so with any luck you may never encounter one.

However, should you be unlucky (or just mad) and need one, then please purchase a back-copy of our January 2012 edition and start Working Your Way To Barre Chords.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Karol
    A friend of mine sent me this:
    Mediocre Guitar Player Magazine!-mediocreguitarplayer-jpg
    Every guitar player and love need one copy of this magazine in their home or studio.

User Info Menu

this thread is totally mouahahahahahah, I like it.

User Info Menu

The F chord seems to be a problem for many beginners, if the many experts offering solutions is any indication. Among them, Justin Guitar, Tomas Michaud and the National Guitar Academy are some of the best known.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    I’m looking forward to the jazz special.

User Info Menu

...the F word (I mean chord) is hard, so workaround is completely OK, I was LOL the ambigous meaning of the "is it even necessary?" title

As I remember House of the Rising Sun was pretty common in the group, all boys wanted to play it incuding me, because girls asked for it. It was necessary :-)

User Info Menu

Mediocre Guitar Player Magazine!-accords-de-guitare-pour-les-nuls-jpg

User Info Menu

I love chord books. Trying combinations of shapes is one of life's great pleasures.

User Info Menu

I like this section from the book The Advancing Guitarist by Mick Goodrick.

It gives guitarists practical advice about how to defend themselves when other musicians complain about their lacking abilities.

Mediocre Guitar Player Magazine!-screenshot-2022-11-03-11-33-06-png

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    I love chord books. Trying combinations of shapes is one of life's great pleasures.

To each his/her own ... but I do hope your housemate(s) have a similar taste in, erm, music

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    You can follow them on Facebook (I do) they publish stuff like that every week. Always a good larf...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by orri
    I like this section from the book The Advancing Guitarist by Mick Goodrick.

It gives guitarists practical advice about how to defend themselves when other musicians complain about their lacking abilities.

Mediocre Guitar Player Magazine!-screenshot-2022-11-03-11-33-06-png
    good ole Mick. He brings the pain, but also brings the relief

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    To each his/her own ... but I do hope your housemate(s) have a similar taste in, erm, music
    I play music, with no erm about it. I chose to make music in unconventional ways, which I find immensely rewarding. I have not received any complaints.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    I play music, with no erm about it.
    This reminds me just a little bit of both the old joke about the difference between a rock and a jazz guitarist, and the claim about monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare's collected works

(IOW: music is a bit more than a random sequence of abritrary chords to me, no matter how pleasurable it can be to play just that)

User Info Menu

I would not expect any more from you. I don't care what you think about music, and I cannot be bothered to correct you on the assumptions you have made about my tastes. I think it is extremely unpleasant to sneer at someone's music. Your mockery displays nothing more than a small and fearful mind. Rather than enduring your nasty little comments in future, I will block you.

User Info Menu

Mediocre Guitar Player Magazine!-f97ebkho-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    There was a guy who planned out a hidden video in a GC to try out a guitar, pretending to be a complete beginner, then said he would blow them away with his skill by surprise. Turns out he actually did sound like a beginner.

I wish I could find that again.
    arent youtubers the worst?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare's collected works
    This always makes me laugh...