The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 26

User Info Menu

Are there more examples of this? It seems rare. I could only find these...

Young Frank Vignola, Jimmy Rosenberg and Joe Ascione on brushes...AWESOME!!

And this nice, funky twosome...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The only example I can think of right now is John McLaughlin and Billy Cobham:

User Info Menu

Bill Frisell and Paul Motian did some duo stuff (I saw them live ages ago; not sure if they recorded).

John

More along the lines of this: Bruce Forman & Jake Reed...

It's almost like I'm asking are there any guitarist playing with guys who play on things other than drums

User Info Menu

I know there’s some horns, but it’s mainly Charlie and Dave Tough:

User Info Menu

Guitar and percussion:

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    I know there’s some horns, but it’s mainly Charlie and Dave Tough:

Oh yeah! That's a good behind the scenes track. If only Charlie Christian was on film, what a treasure that would be!

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Guitar and percussion:

Yes! Love me some samba/bossa nova this way, too! I will have to explore this record more. Thanks!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Larry Coryell, on one of his early albums, does a duet with Elvin Jones.

User Info Menu

Check out Chris Crocco, he's from the George Garzone school. He has a few duets out on YT.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Charlie Hunter's 8-string days, for this song, percussion is overdubbed but the rest of the album is live.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD
    This little jam makes me happy! Love Jo Jones! And that young guy on the guitar has a future. Everyone should walk around and then be able to do a sweet little soft shoe to some swinging jazz now and then.

So, since I ran into the Bruce Forman clip, I see that he did an album with Jake Reed and another percussionist named Jay Bellerose album called Junkyard Duo. Nice under 2-minute ideas that sound all improvised.

User Info Menu

+1 for Chris Crocco!

User Info Menu

ISTR that Jim Hall and Joey Baron did a duo album (never heard it, maybe there were other instruments on it as well?). And Baron and Bill Frisell at least had a duo but may or may not have been recorded. Gene Bertoncini has a bossa album with percussion. And there's this:

User Info Menu

Guitar and spoon on a table

User Info Menu

Here's a whole concert for you!
    John Moulder and Paul Wertico (who used to play with some guy named "Pat Metheny").

User Info Menu

Golly, I saw this performance on TV about 15 years ago, and these guys became my favorite guitar/drums duo....

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

1968, from Larry Coryell's album, Lady Coryell, the tune "Stiff Neck" features just Coryell and drummer Elvin Jones. Another tune "Treats Style" adds Jimmy Garrison on bass.

User Info Menu

Jim Hall Joey baron

User Info Menu

Bill Frisell has a week at the Stone later this year that is 5 different guitar/drum duos...