The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well!

This time, I share you a recording that I did last year at home from a transcription that I did from the great Joe Pass. This song is really special for me, I've been playing My Romance a few times in classical guitar concerts and is always a joy for me to play this piece. I did other transcriptions from Joe Pass for classical guitar, but this is my favorite. I really enjoyed a lot learning this tune!

Thanks for reading and for listening! I hope that you will enjoy the recording!

I wish you a great weekend!

Jose

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This was very nice and a real contrast in style I have the Johnny Smith transcription I play in the show case forum. I like the crisp clean sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark View Post
    This was very nice and a real contrast in style I have the Johnny Smith transcription I play in the show case forum. I like the crisp clean sound.
    Dear Mark,
    I hope that you're going well! Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm really sorry for this late answer, these months are being really speed and really busy with job. I really enjoyed a lot learning this chord melody arrangement from Joe Pass. I've also heard the Johnny Smith version and is really lovely, other style, other vision and other way to find his own voice. I'll be glad to hear your version, it would be possible to have the link of your video?
    Thanks again for your kind words, I'm really touched and I appreciate it!
    I wish you a nice day!
    Greetings,
    Jose

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Josejzz;1330974]Dear Mark,
    I hope that you're going well! Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm really sorry for this late answer, these months are being really speed and really busy with job. I really enjoyed a lot learning this chord melody arrangement from Joe Pass. I've also heard the Johnny Smith version and is really lovely, other style, other vision and other way to find his own voice. I'll be glad to hear your version, it would be possible to have the link of your video?
    Thanks again for your kind words, I'm really touched and I appreciate it!
    I wish you a nice day!
    Greetings,
    Jose[/QUOT

User Info Menu

Both of these versions are very nicely played. Barry Greene recently did a video lesson on this tune. In typical Barry fashion, he explains how he comes up with the his arrangement which is very useful for creating your own chord melodies.

You may like a few of his ideas and a steal at $14.99

My Romance - Chord Melody - Barry Greene Video Lessons