The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well!

This time, I share you my new transcription from this beautiful song written by Billie Holiday Don't Explain. This version was recorded by Helen Merrill & Clifford Brown. This solo has a deep feeling and lovely phrases, some kind of nostalgic and sadness feeling, the history of this song is a little bit special because it captures the infidelity of her first husband.

Thanks for reading and for watching! I hope that you will enjoy the video!

I wish you a great week!

Jose

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Now that's a Brownie solo I might be able to handle :-)

And a good lesson in letting a note hang... not doing nothin' for a half second or two.

Great sound and sweet touch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    Now that's a Brownie solo I might be able to handle :-)

And a good lesson in letting a note hang... not doing nothin' for a half second or two.

Great sound and sweet touch.
    Thank you so much for your kind words dear Ccroft, I really appreciate it!
    This solo is pretty cool and the final part is great for work a little bit of technic and trying to find a natural phrasing or even just try to fit to the guitar.
    Sometimes we search the perfect interpretation but in jazz I really love and appreciate just to be guided by the true musician who recorded the solo or the section.
    In classical music is really different at least when I got some concerts, I now that I'm always looking for perfection (we should always accept that we can have some mistakes), but I always feel like an other person when I have to play jazz.
    Thanks again for your kind words!

I wish you a great day!

Jose