The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think if you want to play jazz blues, this is the only solo you need. Sonny nails the changes, has amazing control of rhythm and articulation, has the nice swing era thing with beautiful vibrato, and then of course the straight bebop double time chops. Even a couple modern sounding side slipping licks. Really a master class all the way around.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great stuff! Did you happen to write this one down? Thanks!

Yeah I did, I hand write them all

User Info Menu

BreckerFan, thanks! Would it be too much to ask if you could share your transcription? I haven’t been able to find one in concert pitch online, it would be really helpful to learn this solo.

Thanks!

Yeah for sure, I'll take some pics and post them here later tonight. I will warn you that my handwriting isn't great haha

Hope this helps! Let me know if there's anything too illegible that I can clarify haha Solid - Sonny Rollins Trasncription-20231204_180246-jpgSolid - Sonny Rollins Trasncription-20231204_180319-jpg

User Info Menu

Breckerfan, you've done humanity a good thing tonight. Thank you so much for this and your penmanship is absolutely nothing to be self-conscious about!

Thanks again!