The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Levi makes his living as a transcriber.
    He now has several books out: Guided Practice Routines, a collection of works on slide guitar and country guitar, one on hybrid picking and probably several others I don't know about yet.
    I subscribed to his YouTube channel and his Patreon page. I've learned several useful things from him.
    Was wondering if anyone else here followed him.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I picked up one of his books that had "audio online" except the audio wasn't available. Broken link or something. I emailed him about it and he emailed me back immediately saying that he was on tour, and couldn't address it immediately, but that he'd get in touch with the publisher. Eventually they fixed it. I was impressed with the speed of the response.

The book was 1 of 2 Guided Practice routines. It was a little rudimentary -- designed for beginners. I think the 2nd book will be more my speed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SedanDelivery2022
    I picked up one of his books that had "audio online" except the audio wasn't available. Broken link or something. I emailed him about it and he emailed me back immediately saying that he was on tour, and couldn't address it immediately, but that he'd get in touch with the publisher. Eventually they fixed it. I was impressed with the speed of the response.

The book was 1 of 2 Guided Practice routines. It was a little rudimentary -- designed for beginners. I think the 2nd book will be more my speed.

Levi is responsive.
    I've had trouble with audio downloads for books published by Joseph Alexander. (There are hundreds of them.) However, when I send an email I get a prompt reply containing the appropriate link. (I think my VPN software may be the reason for my difficulties.)

The first Guided Practice Routines book is on the rudimentary side. That was fine by me because what I got from it was doing ten weeks of daily practice on something specific. (The routines are about ten minutes long, so it's not the whole of one's daily playing. Of course, if a routine covers something wholly new to you, you might need to work on it for a while before you can play it up to tempo with the provided audio track.)

I'm starting week six of the second book.

Levi's Patreon page goes into much greater depth with all the material but that's another matter.

I think he's a good guy and I've learned some useful things from him.