Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28
    Quote Originally Posted by wolflen
    yes it does..little did I know..it was preparing me for a two year study with Ted Greene...
    Did Ted Greene have write anything down soloing wise?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot81
    Did Ted Greene have write anything down soloing wise?
    His appoach with me was fairly "open" I would ask him stuff and he would show me what it is and how to apply it in several ways..

he would augment the lessons with printed info sheets of chord charts/graphs or written info on the topic he was teaching me..

Though many may think he was only good with chords..some time he would use a pick and do some amazing solo work..

His web site has ALOT of info on solo work.(an example: he wrote out by hand over 200 melodic patterns --just in the key of D..)
    as well as theory..harmony..and many insights on the nature of guitar and music in general..he knew alot about music history and the classical
    music giants (Bach was his fave) as well as many jazz composers and players..and yes he knew the rock guys too..

I still refer to many of his "lessons" ..as they contain vast amounts of info and must be digested slowly..

remember..music is a life long journey/study..and you never stop learning..

Quote Originally Posted by wolflen
    His appoach with me was fairly "open" I would ask him stuff and he would show me what it is and how to apply it in several ways..

he would augment the lessons with printed info sheets of chord charts/graphs or written info on the topic he was teaching me..

Though many may think he was only good with chords..some time he would use a pick and do some amazing solo work..

His web site has ALOT of info on solo work.(an example: he wrote out by hand over 200 melodic patterns --just in the key of D..)
    as well as theory..harmony..and many insights on the nature of guitar and music in general..he knew alot about music history and the classical
    music giants (Bach was his fave) as well as many jazz composers and players..and yes he knew the rock guys too..

I still refer to many of his "lessons" ..as they contain vast amounts of info and must be digested slowly..

remember..music is a life long journey/study..and you never stop learning..
    Im looking at his website now and its crazy how much he has uploaded. I don't even know where I would start with it. Im going to try digging out some of stuff dealing with ii-V-Is. Im shocked that I haven't seen this site before, it seems like it will be an excellent resource for my studies. Thanks!