The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Hi,
    I've had my full TF subscription for probably as long as TF existed, and recently 2 fantastic jazz comping courses came out that some of you may be interested in.

John Pizzarelli's Jazz Instincts - John Pizzarelli Guitar Lessons - Jazz Instincts - TrueFire
    and
    Martin Taylor's 10 Principles of Jazz Accompaniment - 10 Principles of Jazz Accompaniment - Martin Taylor - Guitar Lessons - TrueFire

If you click on the Play button, you'll have a couple of lessons available to check out.
    I have no affiliation with TF other than being a very happy subscriber....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Lots of good stuff in Pizzarelli's A Train solo. Thanks for posting this.

User Info Menu

I have Martin's duo course. It's great. He makes it look effortless.
    We refer verbally to the course during our duo practice ( I took notes and discussed with singer ).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bloos66 View Post
    Hi,
    I've had my full TF subscription for probably as long as TF existed, and recently 2 fantastic jazz comping courses came out that some of you may be interested in.

John Pizzarelli's Jazz Instincts - John Pizzarelli Guitar Lessons - Jazz Instincts - TrueFire
    and
    Martin Taylor's 10 Principles of Jazz Accompaniment - 10 Principles of Jazz Accompaniment - Martin Taylor - Guitar Lessons - TrueFire

If you click on the Play button, you'll have a couple of lessons available to check out.
    I have no affiliation with TF other than being a very happy subscriber....
    Thanks! I subscribe to Truefire, (it's superb) but hadn't seen this new course. It's perfect for me especially as I am first a singer and this has tons of useful technique for accompanying vocals and John's singing is central to his musicianship. John already pointed me to jazz tape strings btw, and I'm thinking about a 7 string as well! The Taylor course also looks great. See ya in 6 months!!

User Info Menu

Considering John's course but I am afraid 7 string GAS will be the result.

User Info Menu

I'll check out John's course. I have an All Access membership at TF but haven't been there in a while. Thanks for the heads up!

User Info Menu

I recently purchased both of these courses. I do not have all access on purpose….I would never get anything done! So I just buy the courses I want to concentrate on.

I watched a good amount of John’s course last night. Lots of great stuff and presented in digestible chunks. And we all know John is a likable guy. The “lesson” on scat singing/playing is a lot of fun. Wish I could do even a bit of that. Yeah it does make you want to try a seven string…”it’s just another A string”

It made me rethink about that Boss octave pedal that allows you dial in the octave split to get your E and some of your A string to be an octave lower.

User Info Menu

So, new to TF - if you go in for the 'yearly subscription', you get access to everything they have for the year?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    So, new to TF - if you go in for the 'yearly subscription', you get access to everything they have for the year?
    yep

User Info Menu

Just to clarify the obvious…if you buy a single course you can access it forever.