The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

interesting!

User Info Menu

Finally, Jazzheaven have got it on their own website. The Lage Lund and Gilad Hekselman DVDs have been available through Amazon US for several months now - that's where I got my copy from. There was a previously a thread on this forum.

User Info Menu

I love this DVD. He goes over so much material in this video. Honestly a great purchase if you can.

User Info Menu

I am definitely going to buy the DVD. Besides Jazzheaven charges lower postage for European customers than Amazon US.

User Info Menu

An amazing talent. The DVD is a good investment and the live performance with the trio is great.

User Info Menu

Bought the streaming version today - lots of excellent material here.

User Info Menu

Anyone know if it's useful for non-ultra modern stuff?

User Info Menu

Absolutely. The video is in two parts. The first is about taking chords you already know and learning how to invert them and apply them against other roots to serve a different function. The second is about learning to get movement going while comping, focusing almost exclusively on triads. Very practical, and applicable to music in general, not just jazz, and certainly not ultra modern.

User Info Menu

Mine's in the mail from Amazon, sometime soon!

User Info Menu

I just got mine and saw it, it's AMAZING. Worth every cent.

User Info Menu

I have it - its good stuff. Recommended.

User Info Menu

Amazing DVD. All very practical points and will keep you busy a long time. The gear interview is hilarious

User Info Menu

I thought the whole thing was hilarious! Everytime he talked about playing over that tune he wrote based on the changes from Stella but his own melody...but he was going to skip the melody and go straight to playing through the changes because the melody was too beautiful and it would make us cry. I was cracking up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordanklemons
    I thought the whole thing was hilarious! Everytime he talked about playing over that tune he wrote based on the changes from Stella but his own melody...but he was going to skip the melody and go straight to playing through the changes because the melody was too beautiful and it would make us cry. I was cracking up.
    Very scandy dry sense of humour. I love it.

Just a heads up: we just now also released the GILAD HEKSELMAN video:

Gilad Hekselman Jazz Guitar Polyphony Lesson Masterclass

Thanks for your patience! :-)

Falk