The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 36

User Info Menu

I know this is a bit silly but does anyone have the chords for the B section of this tune, please. I've got the A section okay but I'm struggling with the other part. Many thanks, Tony

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Never heard of it. Got a link?

User Info Menu

I think he means this old T.V theme from Vision ON in the U.K.

Easy enough, just listen, but I think he'll learn more by working it out himself.

Last edited by GuyBoden; 03-12-2015 at 12:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GuyBoden
    I think he means this old T.V theme from Vision ON in the U.K.
    That brings back some memories! I must have heard this about 100 times when I was young.

User Info Menu

Next up,....Captain Pugwash...

User Info Menu

Ivor the Engine. Nice bassoon solo.

thanks a lot, Guy. I have actually worked out the A section. It isn't easy enough, or I don't find it so, as the B section is very slightly different. I thought the purpose of the Forum was to help each other out! Best wishes, Tony.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hudd
    thanks a lot, Guy. I have actually worked out the A section. It isn't easy enough, or I don't find it so, as the B section is very slightly different. I thought the purpose of the Forum was to help each other out! Best wishes, Tony.
    you could google it - I got this (no idea if it's accurate):

What are the chords to this song?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Ivor the Engine. Nice bassoon solo.
    Noggin the Nog beats all challengers !

Thanks Graham. It's good. I already had it. It changes slightly for the B section and it's that I can't quite get. Cheers, Tony.

User Info Menu

It sounds like the guitarist on that recording is wondering what the chords are as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hudd

I wasn't being unhelpful, I also find transcribing chords difficult, but the more I persevered the better I became, that's why my post was indeed helpful.

If you can't transcribe the chords for a song, it's too difficult, so start on easier songs, then progress to more complex songs.............

You probably already know this, but these are the basic skills that helped my ears recognise the sounds of basic chords:

1.) Learn to recognise the Major and Minor intervals by ear. (Very basic)
    2.) Learn to recognise each triad by ear. Major, Minor, Dim and Aug. (Fairly basic)
    3.) Learn to recognise the basic Three note Shell chords voicings by ear. Major, Minor, Dim, Dom.
    4.) Learn to recognise the basic four note chords voicings by ear. Major, Minor, Dim, Dom.

IMHO, being able to hear the harmony is an essential skill when improvising music.

(Back to transcribing Captain Pugwash)

Thank you, Guy.

User Info Menu

I'd say C6 Ami7b5 B7 Emi C#mi7b5 Bmi7 F#7 D7

Thanks, Mark. Much appreciated. what you've posted is what I got for the second 8 bars of the A section. the first 8 of the B section are the same as the A. It's the second 8 of the B section where they change slightly. Any ideas? Thanks again, mate.

User Info Menu

Oh right. Ok. I'll check it when I get home and let you know.

User Info Menu

Hi Tony,

Further to your request about this tune, I searched and found a chord sequence on musik-news.org - not sure it if it helps or not as not had chance to play along to it yet, but this is it ( not sure who the person was who tabbed it) ;

G Gmaj7 | G#dim | Am7 D7b9 | Am7b5 |
    | Gmaj7 | Bm7 | Am7 | Am(maj7) |
    | C | Cm6 | F#m7b5 B7 | Em7 |
    | C#m7b5 | Bm | F#7 | D9 |

Would be nice to see how it ends up... if you want to share? For me it's a fun tune

Thanks Micko. This is the A section. It changes slightly for the B section and it's those little changes I'm not sure of. once I get it sussed I'll post it to you. cheers, Tony.

User Info Menu

Tony,

Thanks. Just a suggestion, there is a guy, Stuart Robinson on Youtube, who plays a fingerstyle arrangement of the tune.

Thanks, Micko. His version is great. Still tricky to see the chords under his fingers. I'll give it another go.

I think this works near enough for the last 8 of the B section, Micko.

C6 |C |Am |Bm |C+m7b5/G/|D G/F+7/|G |

+ means sharp.

Cheers, Tony.

C6///|C///|Am///|Bm///|
    C+m7b5/G/|D///|G/F+7/|G |

Sorry. Didn't scribe it properly.

User Info Menu

Tony,

Many thanks appreciate it.

I think my transcribing skill's on aspects of tunes, requires a lot of practise

It's really tricky. I'm hopeless at it.

User Info Menu

Tony, question - how can you have both a #5 and a b5 in the C+m7b5? Do you mean Cm7b5b13?