The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    They used to be easy to find I had a coupe at one point. One similar to Ted Greene and the one I liked a lot the grid was narrower, but longer and has dots on the left side to indicate position. Only thing I stlll have is a stamp to make about three inch staff lines. I have resorted to using printing paper with chord grids similar to Ted Greene but all lined up nicely. There are a number of sites on the internet that have .pdf files you can download all sorts of chord grids, neck diagam and type of staff paper for free. Just need to google around.

The person who probably can answer the ink stamp question would be Tim Lerch he's here once in awhile, on FB often and has a website.
    I have some of those chord grid pages too but what I like about the rubber stamp is that I can use it in books I already have----you can put a small grid above a chart staff to indicate a voicing. That's handy.

As for Ted's charts---they are impressive but I have a hard time not getting lost in them.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I have some of those chord grid pages too but what I like about the rubber stamp is that I can use it in books I already have----you can put a small grid above a chart staff to indicate a voicing. That's handy.

As for Ted's charts---they are impressive but I have a hard time not getting lost in them.

agree..the grid stamp is useful for me of staff paper..for notating chord forms..its good for me when teaching someone fairly new to chord forms and notation..

yep..it does take a bit of time to digest some of Greenes chord charts..as it does to work through his notation of tunes..on his website (not the forum site!) former students have "cleaned" up his work..and the notation and chord grids are MUCH easier to read on a lot of teds work..

and Mark..thanks for being here..your doing a great job...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Section Player
    I didn't know where this post belonged, so I put it here. I want to buy a rubber stamp that puts a blank chord fingering diagram on an arrangement so I can diagram a particular fingering that I might have worked out and want to remember. Not a tab, but like the little fretboard diagram. I once had a teacher who had one.

Anyone know where I might be able to buy one?

Thanks.....
    I think this is what you want:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

The small one is best for adding grids to existing charts. (The large one would take up all the space between staves and possibly run over into them--depending on how many staves are on a page.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I think this is what you want:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

The small one is best for adding grids to existing charts. (The large one would take up all the space between staves and possibly run over into them--depending on how many staves are on a page.)

yep that's the one...and should you need a couple more frets for a chord a fine point .05 mechanical pencil will do the trick

User Info Menu

I actually had one made at Fedex Kinkos a few years ago..
    It was only about $ 20 and I had it go six frets wide...

I don't know where it is now ..
    Lol I need another..

User Info Menu

I bought one about 10 years ago at a guitar store somewhere. Needed it for our local Uke club since they wanted grids. I cut off two strings' worth to get a four string uke stamp. I have not seen another local guitar store that carries them since. Kind of odd to me because it seems they are useful.

User Info Menu

I have some self inking rubber stamps that a student gave to me, they work pretty well and come in at least 2 sizes, search the web for them sorry I dont remember the name of the product. I think this might be it
    The MUSIC STAMP? Series: Our Product Line

hope that helps
    Tim

User Info Menu

I have a self inking (red ink) one from the site Tim posted just above...works great and very handy...I have the very small one so the grid fits in between bars on a Real Book sheet.

p.s. you may want to get the "no nut" version..
    Last edited by alltunes; 12-28-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Hey folks, I found some nice chord stamps at Dave's Chord Stamps

User Info Menu

These might do the job too, although they're in notebook format, not stamps: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0983049815/

User Info Menu

...ehm... sorry to sneak into your discussion, but you may consider the guitar fretboard font I released...
    it's available here and have a facebook support page here...

It's completely free, and I made it exactly for having the possibility to write quick Ted-Greene-styled diagrams in a regular word processor, without the hassle of copying and pasting graphic images, etc...

a new horizontal oriented one is coming, to write longer complete fretboard schemas...
    If you try, let me know about. If you don't... thanks anyway for reading this msg!

Enrico