The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello,

I hope everyone is going well!

This time I share you a little waltz from one of the greatest composers from Venezuela, Mister Antonio Lauro. He wrote many pieces as waltzes, this one is called La Gatica. This little waltz is really beautiful! While I work into new transcriptions I keep working my classical guitar and playing a few concerts.

This one was recorded last Sunday in a church, the 1st part of concert I played guitar solo pieces and 2nd part a duo with flute, I played L'Hstoire du Tango (History of Tango) by Astor Piazzolla.

Thanks for reading and for watching, I hope that you will enjoy the waltz from Lauro!

I wish you a great day!

Jose

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Bravo! Beautiful playing.If you don't mine me asking what guitar is it that you are using.Nice warm sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nyc chaz View Post
    Bravo! Beautiful playing.If you don't mine me asking what guitar is it that you are using.Nice warm sound.
    Dear nyc chaz,
    Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it!
    This guitar has a beautiful story...! When I arrived in France for my studies at conservatory in Paris I was playing with a cheap guitar student from Spanish luthier Angel Benito Aguado, the model was Marizapalos. Right now I own this beautiful guitar made by Japanese luthier Kazuo Sato, is the Prestige model. This guitar was actually from one of my teachers in Paris, being an international student and dreaming to have your own guitar concert was a true challenge. I worked really hard to get this guitar. The top of the guitar is build with spruce and for being honest the sound is really magic! The first time that I played this guitar I fell in love, I knew that I've founded the guitar that can support my attack from right hand but also that has a lot of possibilities with the sound, having from brightness to warm sound. The warm sound is also related to my right hand attack and the way of shaping my nails. Sometimes I forget that I'm playing an spruce guitar...
    I wish you a great day!
    Jose

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Josejzz View Post
    Dear nyc chaz,
    Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it!
    This guitar has a beautiful story...! When I arrived in France for my studies at conservatory in Paris I was playing with a cheap guitar student from Spanish luthier Angel Benito Aguado, the model was Marizapalos. Right now I own this beautiful guitar made by Japanese luthier Kazuo Sato, is the Prestige model. This guitar was actually from one of my teachers in Paris, being an international student and dreaming to have your own guitar concert was a true challenge. I worked really hard to get this guitar. The top of the guitar is build with spruce and for being honest the sound is really magic! The first time that I played this guitar I fell in love, I knew that I've founded the guitar that can support my attack from right hand but also that has a lot of possibilities with the sound, having from brightness to warm sound. The warm sound is also related to my right hand attack and the way of shaping my nails. Sometimes I forget that I'm playing an spruce guitar...
    I wish you a great day!
    Jose
    I always preferred a cedar top on a classical guitar because of it's warmer sound but i have come to realize that a spruce top with the right strings and nails as you said can achieve the desired result.Your Sato is indeed beautiful but the player is the most important element and you are a fine player.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nyc chaz View Post
    I always preferred a cedar top on a classical guitar because of it's warmer sound but i have come to realize that a spruce top with the right strings and nails as you said can achieve the desired result.Your Sato is indeed beautiful but the player is the most important element and you are a fine player.
    Dear Nyc Chaz,
    I was thinking the same thing for a few years, but then I found a few luthiers that work the spruce in a special way that can give you other kind of sound, more warm and with more precision specially with the colors/timbre. I usually use Savarez Alliance high tension (blue package) and I always founded this strings pretty cool for every kind of guitars. But if you're looking for a great choice of strings, Paulino Bernabe, the great Spanish luthier has also a strings package! This strings are really amazing but a little bit expensive...
    Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm really touched by your words. I really appreciate it!
    I hope that everything is going well for you and your loved ones!
    I wish you a great day!
    Jose