The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Happy Friday, new solo guitar video day...! Today, a return to classic bebop with a performance of Groovin' High by Dizzy Gillespie. In this performance I tried to prioritize line playing as opposed to holding down chords all the time. My phrasing is not particularly modern, as I am in love with the classic bebop style that has achieved near perfection by the late 50's, it's those guys that I'd like to sound like one day...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Your new solo guitar video sounds exciting – a return to classic bebop with Dizzy Gillespie's "Groovin' High" sounds like a treat. Prioritizing line playing over chordal accompaniment is a bold choice that can really showcase your improvisational skills.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by murphybridget837
    Your new solo guitar video sounds exciting – a return to classic bebop with Dizzy Gillespie's "Groovin' High" sounds like a treat. Prioritizing line playing over chordal accompaniment is a bold choice that can really showcase your improvisational skills.
    Thanks!

You're welcome.

User Info Menu

Good solo performance. It's tough to get the melody and good solo material all executed well with good momentum throughout. I thought it was a good mix of melody and harmony.

User Info Menu

You turned Dizzy's Bop into a pretty song.

User Info Menu

I really enjoyed that, Jake! Elegant and happy-sounding.

User Info Menu

Beautiful. I've been working on that tune.