The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolflen
    Thank you John..I studied with Ted and this tune was one he liked alot..I would hear Chips Hoover play Teds arrangement for his students when I was at some lessons with Ted.

While its been years since his passing it seems Ted has a greater following these days. I feel very fortunate to have known and studied with him.

thanks again
    I agree, I also feel really fortunate to have known him. When did you study with Ted? I worked with him from 1977 until he passed away. I miss him a lot.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zenguitarguy
    I agree, I also feel really fortunate to have known him. When did you study with Ted? I worked with him from 1977 until he passed away. I miss him a lot.
    It was in the time period when he stopped teaching at the music store and moved into his (grandmothers..?) house..a bit over two years in total..I still have many hand-outs and lesson notes he wrote in my notation books.

It is good to hear your work..I also am a student of the Zen approach to life and music.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=wolflen;1294425]It was in the time period when he stopped teaching at the music store and moved into his (grandmothers..?) house..a bit over two years in total..I still have many hand-outs and lesson notes he wrote in my notation books.

I also started with Ted at his grandmothers, then to his apt in Burbank, and then to Barbara's when i would fly in. The only thing more sublime than Ted's playing was his kind, generous spirit. I believe that the first time i heard Ted play, my world changed. i knew that i wanted to have that grace and he wanted to help me develop it. I took phone lessons from him for years after i left LA, but i enjoyed his conversations so much that i neglected the music many times. $20 per hour. He wouldn't charge more until years later, moving it to $25.
    His generosity, (and Barbara's) are still present on the Ted site. Thank you Ted.