The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Got this one up here quick as the next one I'm trying will be a bit of a doozy...I need to work on it quite a bit...

You'll all be happy to know my singer worked with me on this one, although it sounds a bit like he was going for more of a death metal thing here.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice, one of my favorite Miles Davis tunes. I used to play it regularly when I was a flutist, works well on flute.
    Brad

User Info Menu

Goddamn that was good.
    I've been working on it as of not so recently (coupld of months already haha).
    No solo stuff with it, and especially not as awesome as that.

User Info Menu

Thanks, gents...50more tunes to go!

User Info Menu

Will You carry on and play them with a different guitar each week? In that case I suspect your bank balance might run out before your ideas do.

Phil

User Info Menu

Great song! You played it in an "open way" and I liket that! After about 3 minutes I liked the singers growling at the same time that you played with more intensity! I suppose a "blink" to Keith Jarrett!
    We make a partyafter 10 weeks?
    Goran Lindelow

User Info Menu

Great playing again. Exciting, really. Didn't Miles really dig Spanish guitar music? In any case, I bet he would dig this.

Matt

User Info Menu

lets do it Goran...if you ever come to the states I'll try and score us a gig together...we'll bore the pants off the folks, but we will have a blast!

T
    Matt...this song feels so "Spanish" to me...always has...I know miles didn't like the way a lot of folks played it...if he dug mine, well, that'd be enough for me...I could go happy, y'know?

User Info Menu

Right on, Mr. B. BTW, I read once that Bill Evans was asked to play something on a gig he thought was lame and he replied "I don't play that s%#&, I'm an artist!" and Miles thought that was funny so he named wrote this tune and named it "Nardis" for Bill.

I don't know if it's just jazz mythology, but it makes for a funny story.

Matt

User Info Menu

Very nice! Hear some Carlini in there! Well done sir!

User Info Menu

That was very nice. I enjoyed your playing.
    Thanks for posting :-)

User Info Menu

Jeff, where can I find SOTW #1 & 2?

I've gone through your last few posts but they didn't show up. Neither can I find them in the CM thread.

Cheers

Edit: nice playing btw.
    Last edited by Liarspoker; 09-10-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: additional text

User Info Menu

I probably labeled them weird...

If you just search for me on youtube "jeffreymatz" they'll pop up...I think they were "so nice to come home to" and "nearness of you."

User Info Menu

GREAT arrangement. Thanks for share with us.

User Info Menu

Enjoyed that...well done

User Info Menu

Thanks all...man, this thread has had a few lives, eh?

This is still a tune I play several times a week...one of the coolest tunes I've ever come across. Simple, but...not.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    You'll all be happy to know my singer worked with me on this one, although it sounds a bit like he was going for more of a death metal thing here.
    This played on my tablet at 1/2 speed and an octave lower....I wasn't looking and was like WTF is going on? Anyway nice playing. I'm going to have play around with it now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djangoles
    This played on my tablet at 1/2 speed and an octave lower....I wasn't looking and was like WTF is going on? .........
    ......and you thought "Since when did I log onto JazzBass.be?", LOL.

User Info Menu

nice tune Jeff! well played, very special!

wiz (Howie)