The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A new batch of Wilkie 18” and 17” archtops. Two each of his Atlas and Paramount models.

“Amazing guitars. One of the finest luthiers on the scene today. Works of art while being highly functional as top level working jazz guitars.”

Ted Ludwig

Faton Macula “Beautiful Love” #jazz #guitarist #guitarsolo #willkieguitar #music #guitarplayer - YouTube

Attached Images Attached Images Wyatt Wilkie - New Builds-img_0886-jpeg 
    Last edited by AKA; 05-14-2024 at 01:25 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Makes me happy to see a local boy getting his due. Ludwig and Cherry make very good company.
    Thanks for posting!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft View Post
    Makes me happy to see a local boy getting his due. Ludwig and Cherry make very good company.
    Thanks for posting!
    CCroft - Are you within visiting distance?

AKA

User Info Menu

Looks like he's about 2 1/2 hours from where I live. Not exactly a day trip for me these days, but we love it up in there. So yeah, rolled into a weekend trip he's totally visitable.

User Info Menu

Looks like he's about 2 1/2 hours from where I live. Not exactly a day trip for me these days, but we love it up in there. So yeah, rolled into a weekend trip he's totally visitable.
    He’s close to completing a custom build for me. I’m considering traveling from northern CA to pick it up versus having it shipped.

AKA

User Info Menu

Well that's exciting! Congratulations on the commission. I look forward to seeing your new guitar around here!

You could build a very nice vacation around that trip. The Olympic Peninsula has a lot to offer, and the trip on the Good Ship Coho from Port Angeles to Victoria is beautiful. Cumberland is a cool tiny town, and Hornby Island is very special. Both close to Wyatt.

Run back thru Vancouver. Maybe enjoy the San Juans for a bit. Or reverse the circle if you like. Let's have a beer if you come thru Victoria. Hopefully on your way back home so's I can see a Wilkie in person!!

Sincerely,
    Charles

User Info Menu

Well that's exciting! Congratulations on the commission. I look forward to seeing your new guitar around here!

You could build a very nice vacation around that trip. The Olympic Peninsula has a lot to offer, and the trip on the Good Ship Coho from Port Angeles to Victoria is beautiful. Cumberland is a cool tiny town, and Hornby Island is very special. Both close to Wyatt.

Run back thru Vancouver. Maybe enjoy the San Juans for a bit. Or reverse the circle if you like. Let's have a beer if you come thru Victoria. Hopefully on your way back home so's I can see a Wilkie in person!!

Sincerely,
    Charles
    Charles,

I’ll definitely keep you posted.

AKA

User Info Menu

Sincerely,
    Charles
    It’s getting close.
    Attached Images Attached Images Wyatt Wilkie - New Builds-img_0919-jpeg 

User Info Menu

Hoo Boy!! Lookie there. Really nice to see something other than maple. Thanks for supporting Van Isl!