The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi
    Just to let you know about the awesome service and experience getting a custom Pickguard from this guy. He did the template, measurements and the block and charged $100 including shipping to the UK. He is now doing me a second one his email is bruceweiguitar@yahoo.com.tw and he is based in Singapore I think. Very helpful turnaround was three weeks from payment to getting the item delivered.
    Attached Images Attached Images Bruce Wei custom Pickguards-img_0100-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I ordered something from him several years ago. I was worried about dealing with someone in the far east, but it was a flawless transaction.

User Info Menu

He used to sell a lot of really inexpensive but dramatic inlay work on eBay, years ago. I'm too lazy to go check on eBay and see if he is still doing that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Heybopper View Post
    Hi
    Just to let you know about the awesome service and experience getting a custom Pickguard from this guy. He did the template, measurements and the block and charged $100 including shipping to the UK. He is now doing me a second one his email is bruceweiguitar@yahoo.com.tw and he is based in Singapore I think. Very helpful turnaround was three weeks from payment to getting the item delivered.
    Looks great.
    Did you have to give him measurements or just the model of the guitar?
    Is it your design?
    Thanks

Hi
    I measured the original pick guard and then he sent me a template to cut out and test. It had to be adjusted but it was all done very quickly, I actually changed my mind on that pick guard and he is now making a d'angelica step pick guard for me, ill let you know how it goes. He charges $114 including shipping to the uk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Heybopper View Post
    Hi
    I measured the original pick guard and then he sent me a template to cut out and test. It had to be adjusted but it was all done very quickly, I actually changed my mind on that pick guard and he is now making a d'angelica step pick guard for me, ill let you know how it goes. He charges $114 including shipping to the uk
    I thought he already has some ebony D’Angelos made up, BICBW.

Hi
    Just had another d'angelico pick guard made for $114 including overseas shipping. It is really well made and nice and thick. Not sure if ill stick with it but it has been a very good experience working with bruce and the turnaround time is 2 weeks
    Attached Images Attached Images Bruce Wei custom Pickguards-img_0271-jpg