The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi
    I really want a scalini pick guard for my D'Aquisto jazz line. D'angelico sell them but they come with holes and a cut out for floating pickup. I would like one made out of dark wood and bound like the real D'Aquisto in the pics. im in the uk but happy to pay for postage and I can send over my pickguard or make a drawing. Let me know if you can help, cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images Hi anyone making custom d'angelico pick guards cheers :)-415872853_24847504311529772_7744174744758464551_n-1-jpg Hi anyone making custom d'angelico pick guards cheers :)-11519_03-jpg Hi anyone making custom d'angelico pick guards cheers :)-sexl1pgblk-768x768-png 
    Last edited by Heybopper; 02-07-2024 at 12:03 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, tastes really do differ!

FWIW, I had a wood fingerrest made by a local luthier, with the sole aim to have something minimal to guide the PU wire to the treble f-hole and have an "invisible" thumbwheel volume pot. He suggested himself to make a 3-ply laminate with a lighter coloured centre layer ("smoked oak" between darkened ash) and sand the edges to a bevel to get a subtle binding effect. A "staircased" like you apparently want will make this approach more of a challenge but I guess that would also be the case for applying an actual binding.

Just been quoted £700 from a UK builder but that's a bit out of my budget

User Info Menu

Forum Member Deacon Mark can help you for far less than 700 British pounds. Contact him via PM.

Hi many thanks for the tip, cheers