The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Luthiers, techs, craftsmen and tinkerers:
    I haven't heard much from you fellow builders on this forum but I was stocking up on some needed supplies for the new year and I found out that Luthier's Mercantile is closing its doors forever.
    Long a mainstay of vital and essential luthiers' stock for me, I can't imagine my world without them.
    Big discounts while they are clearing out their stock and some good needs are already depleted. I thought I'd let you know.
    Where are you guys looking to to fill this gap?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yeah, LMI announced it was closing some time ago. I recently went there to buy an ebony pickup ring, and they had none. I buy some stuff from Guitar Parts Factory, some from Music Nomad, rarely from StewMac because of price and shipping costs, especially for a single item or two. I haven't really found a good source to replace LMI.

User Info Menu

I don't use them very much they carry things but not like StewMac. Stewmac is high but they ship fast and have what I need. My wood supply is for repairs and I have a lot of gabon ebony fingerboard material so I am lucky. I also have a huge bunch of already bent sides for an archtop. Obviously they would not fit anyone's form but if you need some look me up. I will never be able to use them to any degree. They could better and patching material that is already bent.

User Info Menu

Too bad about LMII. I was really interested in making flattops several years agoand looked at their kits for quite awhile, but the urge passed thank goodness before I invested in too much gear LOL.

Guitar fetish has a lot of parts, not necessarily tonewoods, but necks/bodies, electronics, knobs and so forth. Their prices are MUCH better than Stewart Mac.