The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I know we use felt under pickups and in places to avoid scratching the top of the guitar. This happens on dearmond pickups and even under tailpieces and pickguards. I found today that moleskins are great for this too. They normally are used in podiatry to make patches and places to keep your feet free from friction. They are sticky on one side and have a real felt-like covering on the other side. However, there are super thin and work in places that felt is hard to get to.
    Amazon.com: Oval Moleskin Value Pack (8 Moleskins) - Peel'n Stick Oval Shaped Moleskins : Health & Household

If you need a small patch on a pickup given them a try and they can work as dampeners for vibration.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Do you have any concerns about the adhesive used on this product? I understand that you would place the sticky side against the pickup, pickguard, etc. But could there be a "bleed-through" effect with prolonged contact that might damage the wood? After all, these things are intended for short-term use, aren't they? My only other concern is for the safety and well-being of all those moles that are skinned. They must be mighty cold this time of year!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink
    My only other concern is for the safety and well-being of all those moles that are skinned. They must be mighty cold this time of year!
    That’s why they invented vegan moleskin