The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33
    Hi Mark,
    I don't know anything about the hanging bicycles.

Hope all is well - and keep up the great work !

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman View Post
    Hi Mark,
    I don't know anything about the hanging bicycles.

Hope all is well - and keep up the great work !
    Ha - that's OK, Steve, and thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone View Post
    Ha - that's OK, Steve, and thanks for your reply!
    Always glad to hear from you Mark - and I look forward to seeing your current batch completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Ok; a small but important part of the current batch from Trenier made its way to me this weekend.

Looking for an acoustic archtop for chord-melody playing last year, I contacted Chuck / ThatRhythmMan. He sold a couple of electric Gibson’s I had and talked to me about the Trenier Broadway 50th Commemorative archtop (2008). He thought it would be a great fit for acoustic work, even though it did have a floating pickup on the finger rest. And boy was he right. Just a tremendous guitar. I always clean / inspect / set up a new guitar, so when I removed the finger rest I saw the pickup was a Lollar Johnny Smith. It was dated 2011, so obviously not original. It looked professionally installed, but there was also a second footprint carved into the back of the finger rest for a pickup with a much larger mounting tab. Wanting to get it back to original condition, I emailed Bryant Trenier and asked if he had any idea what was originally installed. I was very pleased when he replied that the guitar was originally built as an acoustic archtop with no pickup. No wonder it sounded so great!

Anyway, Mr. Trenier graciously agreed to make for me another finger rest which would not have any pickup or volume control mounting holes or cut away binding. He contacted me earlier this year to say he would make my finger rest when he built the ebony parts for his current batch of guitars. The package from France arrived yesterday and I installed it today.

I wanted to thank Chuck for hooking me up with this tremendous guitar and say thank you to Bryant Trenier for being a pleasure to work with and providing me with, not only the original guitar, but the final piece to make it complete.

Trenier guitars ( current batch)-img_1831-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone View Post
    Wow - all beauties - can't help being curious about the hanging bicycles : )
    I thought it was to speed up the drying

Current batch update as of today. I bet one of these is going to a forum member.

A mid-batch update, spring has me busy with 6 new projects, including a new design derivative of midddle 1950’s D’Angelico. I’ll b... | Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Those Trenier's looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rickco View Post
    I thought it was to speed up the drying

I thought I read somewhere it's part of a new Euro-based process called:

" Derailleur Harmonic Alignment Tuning ".........

You need this racing developed tool, calibrated , etc etc - -

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/b...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Of course it's an expensive tool, but you know, it's racing calibrated, harmonic tested etc etc.....

..... : ) .......