The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13
    Hi,
    My name is Brad Goodman of Goodman guitars. I have been building guitars for 50 years.
    I build archtops, X braced flattops and ladder braced. flattops.

I do all the work myself, including the finishing in my shop in Brewster, New York – one hour north of New York City

Here are a few examples of my work:

Goodman Guitars-guitars-012-large-jpeg

Goodman Guitars-1-goodman-archtop-jpeg

Goodman Guitars-guitars-014-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Goodman Guitars-img_6917-jpg Goodman Guitars-img_6528-jpg Goodman Guitars-img_6544-jpg Goodman Guitars-img_4899-jpg Goodman Guitars-img_4910-jpg Goodman Guitars-img_3081-jpg Goodman Guitars-img_1625-jpg Goodman Guitars-goodman-photo-copyright-michael-g-stewart-jpeg Goodman Guitars-img_1628-jpg 
    Last edited by Goodman Guitars; 09-29-2023 at 08:09 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I am not sure why these images loaded sideways...
    I will try again

User Info Menu

My first jazz guitar teacher has been playing on one of your 7 strings for as long as I can remember. It's been the one guitar he could never part with. Glad to see you here!

Quote Originally Posted by JSanta
    My first jazz guitar teacher has been playing on one of your 7 strings for as long as I can remember. It's been the one guitar he could never part with. Glad to see you here!

Thanks, nice to be here!

Still trying to figure out how to load images so they don't show in landscape mode?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman Guitars
    Still trying to figure out how to load images so they don't show in landscape mode?
    It happens a lot. I have the same experience and I can't remember how I fix it, haha.
    They look great sideways, rightways or diagonal!

here is a gorgeous set of quilted maple but I’m going to build a 16” Archtop with

Goodman Guitars-img_7364-jpgGoodman Guitars-img_7366-jpgGoodman Guitars-img_7367-jpgGoodman Guitars-img_7364-jpgGoodman Guitars-img_7366-jpgGoodman Guitars-img_7367-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman Guitars
    It has to do with the way the forum (mis) interprets metadata stored with smartphone photos. The solution is to load the picture into editing software (the camera’s edit button should work, or if not acphoto application on a computer). You then make a minor edit, such as rotating it 90 degrees one way then back or cropping slightly, and save it under a new name. Uploading the new image this created should work.

Oh … and welcome, and very nice guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by John A.;[URL="tel:1290720"
    1290720[/URL]]It has to do with the way the forum (mis) interprets metadata stored with smartphone photos. The solution is to load the picture into editing software (the camera’s edit button should work, or if not acphoto application on a computer). You then make a minor edit, such as rotating it 90 degrees one way then back or cropping slightly, and save it under a new name. Uploading the new image this created should work.

Oh … and welcome, and very nice guitars.
    John,
    Thanks for the help and the kind words.

User Info Menu

Brad I played one of your guitars many years ago out east. I remember it as a fine guitar. I like your work the basically you seem to be working in the tradition I appreciate fairly standard looking guitars. I like that and frankly would have loved to play the D'angelico-like guitar you made and had up here for awhile. I would have loved to have played it and frankly was interested. I like a 18-inch guitar and look at them acoustically first but put a floater on for electric sound.

You have some very fine guitars to show off hopefully I will get a chance to play another one. Keep up the good work!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Brad I played one of your guitars many years ago out east. I remember it as a fine guitar. I like your work the basically you seem to be working in the tradition I appreciate fairly standard looking guitars. I like that and frankly would have loved to play the D'angelico-like guitar you made and had up here for awhile. I would have loved to have played it and frankly was interested. I like a 18-inch guitar and look at them acoustically first but put a floater on for electric sound.

You have some very fine guitars to show off hopefully I will get a chance to play another one. Keep up the good work!
    Yes, that 18 inch was a guitar I was watching, but just couldn't pull the trigger at that moment.
    A beauty!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    Yes, that 18 inch was a guitar I was watching, but just couldn't pull the trigger at that moment.
    A beauty!
    If I could have played it ahead of time to completely assess the playability and sound, and it struck it, I would have bought it really.

Thanks for the kind words. That Guitar certainly was a labor of love!
    I made that super 400 style tailpiece from scratch in my shop, and then had it gold plated, it was a lot of work. Also the back of the head with the binding on it was also a lot of work. the 18s were always my favorite ones, but they’re the hardest to sell