The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Serious rotting guard on a 51 Epi ZDR, so I made a repro. Still have to do the cutouts but to get the idea

Epi pickguard-img_2886-jpg

Epi pickguard-img_2891-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very nice job! And a nice looking old Epiphone too.

User Info Menu

At the end of the summer growing season, I like harvesting the Epiphone bush that I got from Frank.
    Attached Images Attached Images Epi pickguard-epi-bush_1694-jpg 

User Info Menu

Are the pick guards in the last photo for non cutaway guitars? I have been thinking of a guard for my 1950 Triumph. It came with a Gibson style bound pickguard and a screw hole in the top. The guard had to go. Do you make these for sale and have the correct mounting hardware? they are beautiful! Thanks john

Inspiring! I recently traced and made a wide-bevel replacement pickguard for my ES-175. It turned out nicely, but I was thinking about making a tort-celluloid 'guard with binding and was pricing out make-vs-buy. I usually defer to 'make' since I like a challenge and the satisfaction.

Your post just kicked in the inspiration for me to follow through with building an L5 style pickguard and replace the one I just cut.

Epi pickguard-img_5328-jpgEpi pickguard-screen-shot-2023-08-31-12-11-08-png
    Attached Images Attached Images Epi pickguard-00606_lzwrbrzsmk2_0lm0t2_1200x900-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by powerwagonjohn
    Are the pick guards in the last photo for non cutaway guitars? I have been thinking of a guard for my 1950 Triumph. It came with a Gibson style bound pickguard and a screw hole in the top. The guard had to go. Do you make these for sale and have the correct mounting hardware? they are beautiful! Thanks john
    All non-cutaway. Two of the pickguards were handmade by our very own fws6. The third belongs to a 1948 Epiphone Deluxe.

User Info Menu

I used to make them to order and sell them , but moved to an appartment and no longer have a workshop. So now I only occasionally make one at the kitchen table for myself

Epi pickguard-img_2985-jpg

User Info Menu

Would you guys tell me where you get your materials? I have looked but can't find a supplier.