The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have been building guitars for a number of years but now face the prospect of having to stop due to an auto-immune disorder that is basically "eating" my spine and other joints including fingers and wrists. I am unsure as to how long I can carry out the hard work involved in building and would prefer to focus my efforts on keeping playing.

Among my unfinished projects I have a set of laminate parts for a full archtop build that I purchased some years ago from a Acme Archtops. This set consists of laminate spruce top, and quilted bubinga back and sides. I also have two sets of pressed solid wood plates from Australia, spruce top and maple back; most likely originally pressed by Maton in the 1960s or 70s.

I would rather not see these go to waste and so I am checking to see if there may be any interest here.

Happy to provide photos if anybody is interested and can work on mutually agreeable prices and postage.

At the same time I am trying to find someone locally to complete guitar builds using these parts under my direction, hence the tentative nature of this post.

Thanks for looking.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thelostboss
    I have been building guitars for a number of years but now face the prospect of having to stop due to an auto-immune disorder that is basically "eating" my spine and other joints including fingers and wrists. I am unsure as to how long I can carry out the hard work involved in building and would prefer to focus my efforts on keeping playing.

Among my unfinished projects I have a set of laminate parts for a full archtop build that I purchased some years ago from a Acme Archtops. This set consists of laminate spruce top, and quilted bubinga back and sides. I also have two sets of pressed solid wood plates from Australia, spruce top and maple back; most likely originally pressed by Maton in the 1960s or 70s.

I would rather not see these go to waste and so I am checking to see if there may be any interest here.

Happy to provide photos if anybody is interested and can work on mutually agreeable prices and postage.

At the same time I am trying to find someone locally to complete guitar builds using these parts under my direction, hence the tentative nature of this post.

Thanks for looking.
    So sorry to hear of your illness.
    My RA is an auto immune condition for which I take methatrexate. It is fantastic for me. Don't know if it can be used in your situation though.

User Info Menu

Sizes? Photos?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Sizes? Photos?
    I will try to arrange some over the course of this weekend

User Info Menu

Best wishes, lostboss!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Sizes? Photos?
    Apologies for having left this so long. Movement has been difficult and there has been absolutely no way for me to get up a ladder to where the plates are stored at home. I have a friend visiting this weekend who may retrieve them for me; will post photos if this works out.

Thanks for your patience.

TLB