Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Posts 76 to 100 of 475

User Info Menu

That looks familiar ...
    Attached Images Attached Images Trenier guitars-img_1980-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

New Trenier update...this is actually the guitar headed my way:
    Trenier Guitars - Who says plywood can’t ring? Here is a...

I’ve said it many times - Bryants Guitars are just incredible. This demo is a laminate ! What laminate on the market sounds like this without amplification?

None .....period - just my opinion . There is a certain tonal quality in Bryants guitars that’s hard to beat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    I’ve said it many times - Bryants Guitars are just incredible. This demo is a laminate ! What laminate on the market sounds like this without amplification?

None .....period - just my opinion . There is a certain tonal quality in Bryants guitars that’s hard to beat.
    I do think Bryant has something special going on. I've owned quite a few amazing guitars, but the acoustic sound from my 2016 Motif 16" is amazing. I've had the same acoustic bronze strings on it for more than a year - perhaps I changed the high E once but that's it - and it actually sounds better than when the strings were new. That's ridiculous. The volume didn't drop off very much at all. I can still get a huge sound playing fingerstyle, let alone with a thick pick.

Just wait til I get the laminate from the video into my hands with a .13 and .17 for the high strings and my thick Blue Chip KS60 pick with rounded tip and unbeveled edges...I think she will be a little cannon.

I'm just worried that I'll love both guitars so much that it will stress me out (EGS - excess guitar syndrome).

Excited to see the other Jazz Specials from this 2020 batch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coolvinny
    New Trenier update...this is actually the guitar headed my way:
    Trenier Guitars - Who says plywood can’t ring? Here is a...
    Sounds fantastic! Can't wait until you get yours and provide us with a NGD!

I do think Bryant has something special going on. I've owned quite a few amazing guitars, but the acoustic sound from my 2016 Motif 16" is amazing. I've had the same acoustic bronze strings on it for more than a year - perhaps I changed the high E once but that's it - and it actually sounds better than when the strings were new. That's ridiculous. The volume didn't drop off very much at all. I can still get a huge sound playing fingerstyle, let alone with a thick pick.

Just wait til I get the laminate from the video into my hands with a .13 and .17 for the high strings and my thick Blue Chip KS60 pick with rounded tip and unbeveled edges...I think she will be a little cannon.

I'm just worried that I'll love both guitars so much that it will stress me out (EGS - excess guitar syndrome).

Excited to see the other Jazz Specials from this 2020 batch.
    I was just writing back and forth with Bryant today and he told me the story of how he got inspired to make a floater laminate from a photo of one made by Jim D’Aquisto - very rare indeed.

This might be the second , or possibly third floater laminate made by Bryant - and he said it came out amazing.

I told him to put me on the list for one. I’m not concerned about the wait. I know it will be a special unique guitar.

Looking forward to your NGD

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    Sounds fantastic! Can't wait until you get yours and provide us with a NGD!
    We are not far behind in our builds.

User Info Menu

We are not far behind in our builds.
    I certainly hope so!

Some pics of the first 3 of 6 from current batch of Jazz electrics.

User Info Menu

Beautiful! Glad to see Bryant is moving along!

User Info Menu

Mark,
    Hanging around a guitar builders shop is very exciting for sure. Bryant will be applying nitro to these, and his shading and finish work is gorgeous. He dont put the finish on too heavy. His guitars breathe and sustain forever.

I understand the Magnolia is an outstanding guitar...if you can ...grab it. That build today would be nearly twice the asking price. John Stewart knows fine guitars. He handles the very best Archtops and if he says its great.....it is.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Bryant, IMO, does the best shading one can find by any builder. He's got the D'Aquisto theme down to a T. He's truly in a league of his own and I still find his guitars a relative bargain. Only wish I could afford one.

2b,
    Your right. Hes got Jimmy's shading down like no other builder. This is his passion, and sonically his instruments are just amazing.

User Info Menu

Stevie,
    I am convinced, that next to pictures of our wives, pics of beautiful guitars are the most things in life.
    These guitars are gorgeous.
    It was really nice talking to you today. Thanks for clarifying some things for me. After my crown jewel is in my loving possession, I can honestly see a Borys in my future.
    No doubt.
    JD

User Info Menu

Now with pickguard installed - see pic (I’m digging how it’s unbound, suits the instrument beautifully).
    She’d be all finished if I was going pure acoustic but a floating PU and vol/tone controls are still to come. They will be installed on the pickguard rather than drilled into the top.
    Attached Images Attached Images Trenier guitars-f0fdd2f1-fca5-4d43-aae4-40cc8b411638-jpeg 

User Info Menu

And more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images Trenier guitars-f4273a2c-bb12-43a1-810e-a6c78c4e87a3-jpeg Trenier guitars-e1d0d5eb-3e43-4e9e-a338-830018ac124a-jpeg Trenier guitars-6218d2ef-c91f-4b65-924f-9899e8e99620-jpeg Trenier guitars-c20e5018-cb34-47b1-8ee1-15f083f3bb54-jpeg 

Coolvinny,
    The color of that guitar is strikingly beautiful and the flame is gorgeous. You were wise to place your order when you did......they are going up in price. You'll have it in your hands soon.

Looking forward to hearing your impression of the guitar.

User Info Menu

Coolvinny,
    The color of that guitar is strikingly beautiful and the flame is gorgeous. You were wise to place your order when you did......they are going up in price. You'll have it in your hands soon.

Looking forward to hearing your impression of the guitar.

Thanks Steve. This Jazz Special is sort of the culmination of all my favorite specs through trial/error and trial/success based on my former Andersen, my former Holst, my former Hopkins, my former Buscarino, and my current Collings and current Trenier. Hmmm even my briefly-owned 1990 GB-10 had a bit of a part to play in all this (spruce lam!). It's closest to my Andersen which I had for 6 years before selling in late 2019 except with slimmer body depth, slightly narrower nut, different neck around the low and high frets (esp. at body joint, where Bryant really nails the slim heel) and of course floating pickup for more pleasing unplugged practicing. Can't wait to play it...and especially to be able to practice while standing without worrying about cables/amps.

User Info Menu

And more pics
    Gorgeous, Coolvinny! You must be very excited. Looking forward to hearing your assessment of the guitar after it arrives. Thanks for sharing
    the beautiful pictures!

User Info Menu

Trenier's D'Aquisto inspired guitars are gorgeous - reminds me a lot of my early 80s Borys BG-100 ...
    Attached Images Attached Images Trenier guitars-borys-frony-bg-100-jpg 

User Info Menu

Good to see you here mrichman!

Coolvinny,
    Have you received your new Trenier yet?

User Info Menu

Coolvinny,
    Have you received your new Trenier yet?
    Not yet. Bryant is waiting for an order of KA 12-pole floating humbuckers to arrive. Hopefully soon...

User Info Menu

Bryant has posted more pics of two completed Jazz Specials. Do these "belong" to anyone here?? I see that one has a spruce veneer top like "mine" (i.e. the one I'm waiting on pending receipt and installation of floating pick-up). These two look really great, congratulations to the expecting owners!

Trenier Guitars - Home | Facebook

These two jazz electrics look fantastic. I really love the burst with fingerboard inlays.

User Info Menu

That Charlie Christian should be illegal for being so beautiful!