The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

We recently played as a quartet (with Vasilis Xenopoulos on tenor sax - he's an old friend and quite an active player in London). I did the video myself, but unfortunately due to Murphy's law I couldn't get the console sound to mix, so the sound comes from the cameras.. could be worse I guess..

This tune was written for a very beautiful woman, and was on an album released earlier this year. It's a very simple composition, with an Art Blakey shuffle drum groove.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Music's excellent, of course. Do we get more of this set or is that it?

User Info Menu

Soundin' good. Nice work on all parts. Drummer has a pretty good shuffle there.

So did you get that tattoo in Memphis for the IBC or is it just similar by happenstance? Your playing is blues infused enough so I had to ask.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    We recently played as a quartet (with Vasilis Xenopoulos on tenor sax - he's an old friend and quite an active player in London). I did the video myself, but unfortunately due to Murphy's law I couldn't get the console sound to mix, so the sound comes from the cameras.. could be worse I guess..

This tune was written for a very beautiful woman, and was on an album released earlier this year. It's a very simple composition, with an Art Blakey shuffle drum groove.

Great playing with exelent feel!!!

User Info Menu

Great stuff.

I’ve seen Vasilis here in the UK, with guitarist Nigel Price, as you say he is very active in London etc.

User Info Menu

I think we need to know more about this beautiful sinner lady :-)

User Info Menu

But your lips are sealed... I get it

Thanks all for the replies. I have the whole set on video, I'll get to it this week probably..

The tattoo is loosely based on the zen guitar graphic, I've had it for years now. Regarding the woman, she's a musician in NYC, very beautiful and very talented!. But each song has to have a bit of mystery...

Here's a few more videos from the same concert: