The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi !

It's good to play with other people, that's true.
    Many years ago I used to believe I played well. The truth is that they played well, I knew I was bad but not so bad.
    That was when I was young, I used to play with future well known musicians or kind of.
    Now when I listen to the radio, they sometimes talk about them.

When I moved from this city, I didn't have so many connection. My buddies did their things, I was about to find a career.
    I sometimes played with people but it didn't fit very well.
    I played rock, blues, that was fine.

Something was missing, then I played in various jazz bands, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
    I tried some jam sessions but all the guys who wanted to play were too faraway, to be honest, I wasn't ready.

They were impressed by some "episodes", I know it was just a kind of luck, that was happening but if they had recorded it, they would have figured out it sounded like shit.

I met other musicians, a lot of rehearsals for nothing. I guess you know how it is.

At the same time I began to work my own things. I learnt to play various instruments and began to post my shit on YouTube ! Kind of ludicrous, I assume it, I go on with that shit, we will say it's humour not real music.

By the way it made me work instruments, and made the people have fun of me, giving me advice even if they didn't know what it was about but some knew what it was about, so thank you.
    I was really isolated, no really interaction.

I bought a looper and began to play, no interaction except with myself.

My new wife found me some jam sessions and I met people.

I don't know why, now it fits well, there is interaction.
    I didn't want to play with bands, now they call me.
    But I know I haven't played with people for years.
    I was a bad saxophonist and claimed to be able to play the guitar.
    Now they want me to play the guitar and replace those who said I couldn't.

Maybe without you, it wouldn't be like that.
    So, I thank you.
    Last edited by Lionelsax; 06-11-2023 at 07:41 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Ilushikxjc Guest
    ??? ?? ????? ?????? ?? ??? ??????? ???? ?????? ?????????. ???????.

User Info Menu

It's possible that the above post wasn't posted in Roman script. It might be in, for example, Cyrillic script which won't display here. I say this in case the tendency might be, wrongly, to dismiss it as spam. Just saying :-)

Mind you, his name looks Slavic but in Roman letters, so...