The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

Stay optimistic until you hear otherwise! I imagine you were rather nervous, but likely so were the other candidates. If one door closes, another opens.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm glad to say that I was wrong; They sent me an e-mail saying I qualified! Went in for the interview, I'll known in a couple of weeks whether or not I made the cut.

User Info Menu

Good luck! Sorry I missed this thread.

A good player once told me, for auditions, pick from the B's--

A Blues, a Bossa, a Ballad, a Burner, or Brother Thelonious,.

I know he was stretching with that last one, but it was good advice nonetheless.

User Info Menu

I remember when I did my audition I screwed it up. Not so much the playing but the sightreading part. I was sure I wasn't going to get in but I got in anyway. You never know what will happen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nick1994
    I remember when I did my audition I screwed it up. Not so much the playing but the sightreading part. I was sure I wasn't going to get in but I got in anyway. You never know what will happen
    I didn't even do the sight reading. I can read fine, but it was too complex for me as I've only been working on guitar and note reading for a short time of my musical life.

User Info Menu

You can play whatever you like and very important for you, good luck.
    winrar password remover

User Info Menu

I decided to wait at least a year... I'm not ready quite yet.

User Info Menu

I don't mean to be rude, but thats not exactly for you to decide. Is it?
    Last edited by Thecytochromec; 05-20-2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Grammar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thecytochromec
    I don't mean to be rude, but thats not exactly for you to decide. Is it?
    He he, I get you. I decided not to because I was so nervous I played like an ass. If I can't play "days of wine and roses" or "road song" without being nervous, I'm not ready. IMO.