What do you guys think?

I just received that pic from my enclosure provider
    can't wait to get it

Polytone in a Pedal-0z0a0655-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I like it!

User Info Menu

Look like there is an alignement problem between the markings of the top right knob, i'm asking about this.
    that's why prototyping is good

User Info Menu

Looks wonderful. I'm setting aside some cash to buy one!

User Info Menu

Looks great. Can't wait to see/hear this pedal!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by add4
    Look like there is an alignement problem between the markings of the top right knob, i'm asking about this.
    that's why prototyping is good
    Oh man that looks horrible! You have to sell these blems for 30% discount like Fulltone. ...I am first in queue!

Seconds/Blems – Fulltone Musical Products | Online Store
    Last edited by Herbie; 02-04-2017 at 04:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Looking good! Have you decided on the knobs yet? Something Polytonish?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Looking good! Have you decided on the knobs yet? Something Polytonish?
    Good question!

What generation is the target?

Earlier ones:

Polytone in a Pedal-ptbrute-jpg

...or later ones:

Polytone in a Pedal-ptminibrute-jpg

...or Polytone Taurus knobs?

Polytone in a Pedal-pttaurus-jpeg

User Info Menu

I had in mind aluminium black knobs. Going for this kind of look
    Attached Images Attached Images Polytone in a Pedal-capture-decran-2017-02-04-22-11-53-png 

User Info Menu

Small and round would be my preference. Less chance of the round knobs getting moved accidentally, and the smaller and flatter the better, for fitting into whatever might be used for carrying it. Pedals with big chicken-head knobs seem rather silly to me.

User Info Menu

So more like the later ones in Herbie's middle picture. My Polytone was an ear one so that was my first thought. But I like the clean black with white highlights look. Simple appearance and easy to read.

User Info Menu

I care about functional knobs that are also not too loose. I would personally not be interested in the knobs looking polytonish. In fact, I find th controls on my polytone amp look kind of cheap. The aluminum knobs look classy and are highly functional. Thumbs up from me!

User Info Menu

I agree. One the one hand, mimicking the early Polytone look could be kind of cool and gimicky, but in the compact pedal that Add4 is designing those black aluminium knobs are absolutely the right choice.

User Info Menu

Hello guys,

thanks for the kind words.
    One the one hand, polytoneish knobs would be cool, but they would never fit such a small pedal and i think aluminum knobs are higher quality. that's why i went for this

quick update:
    i should receive the prototype box somewhere during the week. the prototypes PCB should be created and sent this week too .. and i'll probably get them next week, with the components i missed to actually populate that PCB, high quality ICs i want to test, and that some fellow forumites also advised me ..

so in the meantime i'm building my bootser, and taking some time to play guitar (and playing with the count to five i received and absolutely love... ) :-)
    Last edited by add4; 02-06-2017 at 11:42 AM.

User Info Menu

Knobs like this? (It's not the mutitone box but it gives an idea)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Knobs like this? (It's not the mutitone box but it gives an idea)

I don't want to give an impression that I were picky about little details, but I have tried these in some pedal and realized that it is difficult to see the pointer for the reflections. Very confusing.

But if You like these, go ahead. If I don't like them, I can change them, no prob!

(Yes, I do think that God lives in details...)

User Info Menu

I'm actually still trying to find the ones I have in mind. That's why I'm asking for your opinion. If I'm going to do this pedal for you, I want to do it well.
    Thanks for your feedback. I actually agree .

User Info Menu

I had in mind aluminium black knobs. Going for this kind of look
    These ones will be the best choice IMHO since one can see the settings very clearly. I anticipate that they have a good grip, feel classy and are not too loose.

User Info Menu

Locknobs are nice, but pricy.
    Loknob - 1/2" Loknobs

User Info Menu

So I just got this in the mail.
    It's not perfect but it's a nice start I think. Waiting for the pcbs

User Info Menu

Hello guys!

The good news is that I have some news .. the bad news is that it's actually the only good news i have

Yesterday evening I discovered a mistake ... in the pcbs that i haven't even received yet.. .

Soooooo the mistake is corrected, another batch of pcbs has been ordered, but it's still a pita...
    In the meantime, while i'm waiting for this new PCBs, I'll try to convince myself that it's normal to do such stupid mistakes and i i still deserve to live

I'll keep you posted when anything exciting happens

Peace
    Arnaud
    Last edited by add4; 02-13-2017 at 07:32 AM.

User Info Menu

Very impressed with this and watching closely

User Info Menu

Well, Arnaud. If you didn't discover the mistake, that would be bad news! We jazz guitarists are generally a patient bunch, and I'm sure I speak for others when I say your efforts on our behalf are much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Anyone have one of those - - - ?

Mine is still pumping great

Polytone in a Pedal-polytone-jpg

If it ever dies this pedal might sve my brain from melting .

User Info Menu

Wow ! Vintage!

Mine is more classical looking, but the red tolex makes it look as awful as it sounds magical Polytone in a Pedaland it's the best steal protection system I could imagine Polytone in a Pedal