The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 189
    Big Mike, thank you for the background on Mr. Wu.

Mr. Wu no doubt has built a great number of archtops since '02. Here's to placing more future orders with the Yolanda Team.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi, Everyone.

Lora is here.

Didn't check forum some days, cause busy for preparing Chinese New Year, it is our traditional festival.

Thanks Mike for explaining the relations about Mr Wu , Yunzhi and me. Yes. from 2010 to ealier 2014, I woked in yunzhi as saler, Mr Wu and his wife from 2006 around to earlier 2013, they worked in Yunzhi as tech partner with Yunzhi boss ( Mr Li) After Mr Wu left yunzhi, they start their own workshop in their hometown. and after I left Yunzhi, I decide to work with Mr Wu and his wife, Cause I know He is top master for handmade guitar in China.

I worked as selling representative for Mr wu, but I also your hands in China. and I am responsible for the quality check and translate for you in right words. So Mr Wu can make the guitar what you want.

From 2014 to 2015, nearly 2years. I helped Mr Wu selling nearly 100pcs guitars. not too many, but I am proud of that cause each guitar, we using our heart to make . and I packed each guitar personally, even when I was preganant last year, My husband help me packed the guitar. there is no one damaged during shipping.

Hope now I am cleared, Mr Wu and I formed yolanda team. We are different from yunzhi company.

Yours faithfully
    Lora

PS, Greg, Thanks for your posts. and sometimes, I couldn't open gmail on my laptop ,if you couldn't reach me, please email me at guitar_archtop@163.com or can send PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yolandateam
    ... I helped Mr Wu selling nearly 100pcs guitars. not too many, but I am proud of that cause each guitar, we using our heart to make . and I packed each guitar personally ....
    Such a nice thing to read from you, Lora ! You guys are on the right track, and there is a future for hearty artisans like you, in this readymade / disposable era.

Just reading this makes me want to order another guitar !

OK, soooo, this time i would like .... wait ... errrr .... Ah ! ... No money ! .... Oh !
    OK ... then, next year, i would like a ... mmmm .... a .... lol

Lora, i was wondering just out of curiosity (sorry for hijacking a bit ) :

Could you tell us a bit about flat tops ?

-I may be hunting for a really good fat and warm fingerpicking flat top acoustic guitar and though i am looking at some used Furch, Asturias, Eastman, Morris handmade S- series, i was wondering what Yolandateam could build for around 1000 $

-It seems you have only one model on the website, and back/sides are maple.
    I know you guys can make mahogany back/sides, but i was wondering if you guys have access to cedar and rosewood.
    Do you ?

-About the acoustic flat top guitar on the website, was it built copying a certain design ?
    Not talking only about the shape, but the bracing, neck, etc ...

Thank you for your time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xuoham
    Such a nice thing to read from you, Lora ! You guys are on the right track, and there is a future for hearty artisans like you, in this readymade / disposable era.

Just reading this makes me want to order another guitar !

OK, soooo, this time i would like .... wait ... errrr .... Ah ! ... No money ! .... Oh !
    OK ... then, next year, i would like a ... mmmm .... a .... lol

Lora, i was wondering just out of curiosity (sorry for hijacking a bit ) :

Could you tell us a bit about flat tops ?

-I may be hunting for a really good fat and warm fingerpicking flat top acoustic guitar and though i am looking at some used Furch, Asturias, Eastman, Morris handmade S- series, i was wondering what Yolandateam could build for around 1000 $

-It seems you have only one model on the website, and back/sides are maple.
    I know you guys can make mahogany back/sides, but i was wondering if you guys have access to cedar and rosewood.
    Do you ?

-About the acoustic flat top guitar on the website, was it built copying a certain design ?
    Not talking only about the shape, but the bracing, neck, etc ...

Thank you for your time.
    Hi,xuoham,

How are you? Glad to hear from you.

For flattop guitar, Now we have 4 or 5 model, Non-cutaway dreamnaught model, cutaway dreamnaught model, sharp cutaway model, and one like the website. But Mr Wu can copy the body shape you want.

And for the price, it is 700-1000usd around according to guitar details. For the wood, no problem rosewood for back and sides. For cedar top, I need check with Mr Wu and let you know later. and If you want, I can send you some customer's contacts(who allow me send their contacts to you who want know about guitars) , you can check with them for their feedback about our guitars.

Tomorrow I will send some photos to you about our acoustic guitar.

Yours
    Lora

User Info Menu

Thanks Lora !

(end of hijack)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xuoham
    Thanks Lora !

(end of hijack)

I plan to send PM and insert photos, but it seems couldn't, and my gmail couldn't open now. I will try tomorrow.

Yours
    Lora

User Info Menu

Oh wow, that's beautiful. I guess Mr Wu like 22 fret guitars. He did the same with my 18" I wanted 20, but whatever....Your finish is incredibly beautiful!

User Info Menu

Bertha is a beauty. I could see using these specs as a starting point for other builds.

Quote Originally Posted by abelljo
    Oh wow, that's beautiful. I guess Mr Wu like 22 fret guitars. He did the same with my 18" I wanted 20, but whatever....Your finish is incredibly beautiful!
    No, I requested 22 frets, as per a D'Aquisto NY'er. I actually prefer the look.

Your 18" looks fantastic. I had no idea another was being built at the same time. When did your build begin? Any more pics?

User Info Menu

I'd say he start around October. I have a few, but they are low resolution. I'll post them here. Still thinking on a Gibson font logo, maybe that reads Custom or maybe my last name. I've seen others use custom scri
    pts with Fender or Gibson font that look pretty cool.

User Info Menu

Should be 3 3/8 if my memory doesn't fail me. Ive always been a fan of Kenny Burrell and the fat tone he god from his Super 400, although he sounded good with any guitar. I have a Jaen 18" as well.

Nearly done. Waiting on pick guard

Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 02-13-2016 at 08:04 PM.

User Info Menu

WOW-weeeee !!!

User Info Menu

WOW that is so lovely !! Waiting on updates of my own, which should be coming along in the next 24 hours or so... It's a shake your head gorgeous 2B!!

User Info Menu

Gorgeous 2b ... That looks like a great axe! Looking forward to your own artistic photos and your audiophile assessment :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ
    WOW that is so lovely !! Waiting on updates of my own, which should be coming along in the next 24 hours or so... It's a shake your head gorgeous 2B!!
    Kinda fun huh Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    WOW-weeeee !!!
    Bertha Butt and the Butt sisters. You can relate I'm sure.

User Info Menu

2B,

Ya know I was looking at the pictures again and it is remarkable to look at. The combination of design elements and the execution of the cutaway, the f-holes, the finish, the headstock inlays and veneer... It's all so well done.

I had an old italian friend Nazarrino, a lifelong chef - we cooked together in the church kitchen once a month for years, we'd take nothing and make it into wonderful food. Each Pot Luck Sabbath we packed the church and the hall lunch was served in.

He had expression when he'd eat my biscotti which he really never could get enough of. He'd say "YOU KILLED IT, YOU MADE IT SO GOOD IT COULDN'T BE BETTER".

Well Mr. Wu sure killed the hell out of your guitar 2B...

Big

Mr. Wu 18 Inch archtop build-p3280139-jpg
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 02-13-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ
    2B,

Ya know I was looking at the pictures again and it is remarkable to look at. The combination of design elements and the execution of the cutaway, the f-holes, the finish, the headstock inlays and veneer... It's all so well done.

I had an old italian friend Nazarrino, a lifelong chef - we cooked together in the church kitchen once a month for years, we'd take nothing and make it into wonderful food. Each Pot Luck Sabbath we packed the church and the hall lunch was served in.

He had expression when he'd eat my biscotti which he really never could get enough of. He'd say "YOU KILLED IT, YOU MADE IT SO GOOD IT COULDN'T BE BETTER".

Well Mr. Wu sure killed the hell out of your guitar 2B...

Big
    Thank you Big Mike!

When I decided to take the plunge in August I had no idea Mr Wu could get this close to my vision. Even with the fuzzy foto's I can tell the guitar looks pretty darned good. Can't wait to make a joyful noise with that 'blue tulip'...she's a rare one U know

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLearns
    Gorgeous 2b ... That looks like a great axe! Looking forward to your own artistic photos and your audiophile assessment :-)
    Hi Frank! You know me...it's not arrived until it's gone into the dark room to get shot under the lights!

User Info Menu

You should be proud of your design 2Bop,she's awesome! It doesn't come off as being a copy of anything. It's your own rendering.Great work by Mr. Wu and Ms lora also. I love it. Can't wait for the dark room shots.

User Info Menu

Oooh, that is a beauty!

User Info Menu

Mr B, you're gonna have me as a neighbor in 3 weeks tops !! With My Mr WU in tow...

Quote Originally Posted by Archtop Guy
    You should be proud of your design 2Bop,she's awesome! It doesn't come off as being a copy of anything. It's your own rendering.Great work by Mr. Wu and Ms lora also. I love it. Can't wait for the dark room shots.
    Thanks AG! It's purely my Gumbo Git'. An homage of sorts, or nod to some of what's come before. The proof will be in the sound.

User Info Menu

If looks could kill..... I want to hear this lovely lady sing!