Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    How does this sound ?

We take about a dozen tunes. We practice, perform and post them over a 6 month period.

Hopefully we will inspire and encourage each other.

Preparation can be a few minutes or a few weeks depending on whether or not you need to change keys etc.

We can focus on the hows and whys and ask each other questions.

We can post videos that inspire.

My question remains do we carry on here or do I? start a thread under the Study Group heading ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say start it. I'll join in, I love to sing...I don't know if I'm any damn good at it, but I love to do it.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action?"

--Adam West, as Batman, 1966.

Great !
    Do we do it here or in a new thread ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Study Group has been started

New Study Group has been started

Please go the the sub section "The Songs" and vote in the Thread entitled Jazz Guitarist that Sing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublea A View Post
    Yes, I agree.

I was hoping that this thread would lead to a Study Group whereby we would pick one tune per month. I envision overriding "curriculum" if you will of a couple of dozen tunes, so that members could skip tunes that did not appeal to them and participate in months when the songs did appeal to them.

Similar to what is done by the folks over in the "Practical Standards" Study Group.
    i like the idea of some kind of structure otherwise I creep at my glacial pace. I think a song every two weeks might work given the balance between life and the desire to push oneself.

I'm going to throw myself out on a limb here and separately post a crazy video that I did about a year ago.

looking for more variety and inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by TomDC View Post
    i like the idea of some kind of structure otherwise I creep at my glacial pace. I think a song every two weeks might work given the balance between life and the desire to push oneself.

I'm going to throw myself out on a limb here and separately post a crazy video that I did about a year ago.
    Yes, I guess I am just looking for more variety and inspiration. Members could choose to focus on whichever songs they want and even post them multiple times as they improve through the "term".

I am open to change if it is warranted. Let's see how this works.

Please vote, when you get a chance.

I just found out about this guy and wanted to share. This seems like a good place:

B+
    Frank (aka fep)

Quote Originally Posted by fep View Post
    I just found out about this guy and wanted to share. This seems like a good place:

Great post. Love that bluesy singing style - especially the shift to upper range. (My own head voice has opened, and I'm working with imagery of 'pulling high notes down' for fuller tone.)
    "Each heart vibrates to that iron string."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
    (who obviously played in Carl Kress tuning)

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed