The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 66 of 66

User Info Menu

weird metronome is the best metronome on the planet. No matter how crazy you want to get with polyrhythms, you'll never outgrow it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pierre richard
    A real wooden one from years ago...mechanical..I have to wind it up..
    ...brass hardware...antique...use it regularly...with and without students..

Mine is 50 years old and never skips a beat...

to each his own...my students like the real one better...but will cost three times as much as an electronic one...

time... on the instrument...
    The mine was to my grand-father and maybe to my great-father.
    But I can't work with it, because the beat isn't regular, it likes too much the swing for me.

User Info Menu

I use a Sabine Zipbeat. Has a nice woody click and selectability of the accented beat from 0 (none) to 6 beats. Compact, sturdy. Sometimes too loud but I just turn it face down then.

I you have an iPhone or iPad, you can download an app instead.
    I use : Cadenza: Tuner + Metronome app and am happy with it. Nothing fancy but helps me keep in time

User Info Menu

Hi, I am looking for hands-on feedback about a good metronome.

I have a Boss DB-30– I loved the features but it is somehow horribly buggy and functionally broken (bought it many years ago, web searching shows the unit is buggy beyond use)

I use a Korg MA-30, and it is ok, but the boss unit was so much better.

Any recommendations for a metronome that would be a useful upgrade to the Korg MA-30?

User Info Menu

I use a Korg TM50. I don't know if it's an upgrade from anything else, but it does what I need.

User Info Menu

I mainly use my Metrognome that I've had for over forty years, even the battery seems to lasts forever. It beeps and that's it, but most important the beep isn't annoying sounding like others I've had.

For more sophisticated metronome like many today I use ones on my smartphone. Pro Metronome is nice, but my favorite is called Time Guru. What I like about Time Guru is you can set it to stop beeping every so many beats and then come back in, that way you can check how your time is on your own.

User Info Menu

I have this model metronome. No batteries.

User Info Menu

I just use the app Tempo.

User Info Menu

I won’t involve my phone with guitar practice as it is too distracting and I try to be as mindful as possible. I’ll keep the Korg MA-30.

User Info Menu

Since talking metronomes have to re-post the classic Victor Wooten video on using a metronome. I love the one at the end with the 5 pulse over 4/4 so the beat shifts every measure.

User Info Menu

This Cherub has been working fine for me... I have a Boss DB-88 someplace in a box but this one is the one I use...

Amazon.com: Cherub Metronome WSM-330 (Black): Musical Instruments
    Last edited by guido5; 11-15-2017 at 03:17 PM.

User Info Menu

I don't like small displays and little buttons to push or phone apps. I have one of these below. Very convenient to configure different tempos. It won't do all the custom configurations of various types of subdivisions that you can with the apps and other digital ones. But its good to train your time so you don't learn to rely on the metronome to do the subdivisions and tell you where you are in the bar. That's my approach anyways.
    Attached Images Attached Images Recommended Metronome for Jazz Guitar Practice-wittner_quartz_metronome_mt50-jpg 

User Info Menu

I use a DB-90. Can't beat some of those features.

User Info Menu

I don't think one can go wrong with a Boss DB-90. I'm still using my 9 year old Boss DB-12 but then again I still use my 40+ year old Seth Thomas Metronome. The benefit of that one is there are no batteries and its too large to lose in my many guitar cases.

User Info Menu