The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

I have an Italia strap, great quality but be aware that they are very thick. Depending on the buttons on your guitar and if you use something like Schaller locks, you may have trouble getting it to fit.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey02
    I have an Italia strap, great quality but be aware that they are very thick. Depending on the buttons on your guitar and if you use something like Schaller locks, you may have trouble getting it to fit.

I had this issue the first time they sent me a strap. I don't use locks, but still couldn't get them onto a regular button. they sent me another and it was still too thick. 3rd time was the charm...

User Info Menu

I use Schaller locks, and have had no problems with the Italia strap I bought, but it's not really padded. I also have a padded Franklin strap, and it's thicker, but the Schaller locks go on, although it can be a little difficult to get the nut started the first time. I bought some cheap no-name Schaller-type locks off ebay, and they didn't work very well. I think the nuts were actually plastic, not metal, and stripped out when I tried to tighten them on the Franklin strap. The real Schallers do fine, though, strong and absolutely reliable.

User Info Menu

I have an Ibanez 335 style guitar that to me is heavy so I looked for a wide padded strap. It pays to shop around on eBay or Amazon, etc. I found a 3 1/2 inch padded leather Levy strap on Amazon for about $30 and it has worked out well in distributing the weight of the guitar so I don't feel sore after a long session.

User Info Menu

For those of you living on my side of the Atlantic: I have good experience with the Harley Benton straps from Thomann.de:

Harley Benton Guitar Strap Padded Brown – Thomann Mobile

Leather, padded, 6cms and only €20.

I have an Ibanez PM 2 Ibanez 151 Sadowsky Jim Hall and a Peerless Monarch 16

Only the Peerlees has what appears to be a small lock or nut to attach to.

Would a 3" padded Levy be a good choice? Suede.......

thx

Buy one get one at Italia straps 36 hour sale

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I have 4"-wide Italia straps and for a narrow shouldered small man like myself, they are very comfortable but too wide. I make it look ridiculous . 3"-wide would have been better.

This maker makes good straps: Walker & Williams – Fine Leather Goods Since 1894
    Jabs, do you know if the Walker & Williams are safe not to color white shirts.
    My black levi's straps always leave some visible black marks on the collar of the white shirts ..... and i'm still looking for a comfortable and good-looking replacement.

Thanks

User Info Menu

If you're in a relationship, better make sure not to get a red strap. Or maybe a red strap would be the smart thing to do, depending...

User Info Menu

I'm looking for a vintage style Fender/Buddy Holly sort of strap. Fender makes 2 versions but they're too long. I'd like to find one I don't have to take the scissors to.

User Info Menu

I have that exact strap, and in fact though I rarely play standing up, I used it yesterday. It was "thrown in" with my ES-135 when I bought it--nice little extra.

I also have another which is black on natural, which I bought myself, not for that much $$ however.

They are comfortable and last forever. Look pretty boss too, IMO.

"The only downside is the thickness of the leather sometimes doesn't easily fit into the strap button. Takes some working it to get in place. I have used a knife blade to open up the hole a little."

Italia straps response was to "take a mallet to it"

.....hmmmm....