The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 39 of 39

User Info Menu

I prefer the cardboard sleeves. Like Jonathan Kreisberg's "One" CD. The touch-and-feel reminds me of a vinyl LP jacket. And I imagine that the cardboard is more environmentally friendly. And there are no cheapo stubby hinges to break.

Jewel cases are so plastic. And they're kinda bulky if you're hauling large quantities on tour.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That Cobham-Duke cover is downright disturbing; some things can never be unseen...!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boatheelmusic
    What's a CD??
    I think it is a holder for Kodak slides.

destinytot Guest
    For my own project, which has narrative and songs, a local printer came up with a dual- language (reversible) book with a special insert for a CD.

As I've had positive comments on its appearance (I sell a few at gigs, and I've sold quite a lot at events with a language/cultural dimension), I may go for something 'a bit different' again - perhaps one of the more attractive DVD cases - and make use of the extra space for visuals.

User Info Menu

Sorry it took a little while to get to this. This is our CD cover. It is cardboard and as you can see, you can also put text or pictures on the inside. If you are familiar with the ECM label, they use this type of packaging all the time.

User Info Menu

Very nice AlsinJazz!

User Info Menu

Does it have a readable spine?

User Info Menu

Yes it does. But anything can be changed. She's got to alter the template slightly to fit the manufacturers specifications - if I'm going for jewel case.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jasaco
    Does it have a readable spine?
    Hi Jim, if you mean my cd cover, then I can try to answer. I'm not sure what a readable spine is but if you look at it from the side as if it was in a bookcase, then the answer is yes. You can write text on the side.

User Info Menu

alainjazz..nice!!..that's called a six panel digipak..very nice..the 4 panel being a cheaper (but good) alternative

the only problem with those... if the circular teeth that hold the disc break..no fix

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    alainjazz..nice!!..that's called a six panel digipak..very nice..the 4 panel being a cheaper (but good) alternative

the only problem with those... if the circular teeth that hold the disc break..no fix

cheers
    True, but I've got dozens of jewel cases with broken teeth from mailing and CDs that fall out when you open the case. A bunch more are useless because the hinge broke. The jewel case was a dumb design from the get-go. There's nothing professional about it- it's just common, wasteful and ineffective.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic

cheers
    Cool. Thanks. I finally know what it's called now :-).

User Info Menu

And Henry Robinett is such a cool name...

Not quite as cool as LeBron James
    Or Jimi Hendrix but still very cool.
    I like the cover...and Title.

Remember to aim high and have a Copy sent to the night time talk shows...you never know...might get a Musical Guest Appearance..send the Tune with the most Contemporary Groove...or Strongest Groove.
    Last edited by Robertkoa; 12-15-2015 at 12:06 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robertkoa
    And Henry Robinett is such a cool name...

Not quite as cool as LeBron James
    Or Jimi Hendrix but still very cool.
    I like the cover...and Title.

Remember to aim high and have a Copy sent to the night time talk shows...you never know...might get a Musical Guest Appearance..send the Tune with the most Contemporary Groove...or Strongest Groove.
    I don't have a contemporary groove. That's not the style, but I hear you. Thanks on the compliment re my name! It is kinda cool.

It's up on iTunes and Amazon if you want to check it out or even buy it!