The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

My take, and it's personal, is that I work with computers all day long. I play to unwind, not use a computer some more.

But for someone else, it may be a useful teaching tool.

On the other hand (how many hands do you have?), I see too many people coming along looking for the magic jelly for jazz enlightenment. They ask "what's the shortcut way to learn X or achieve Y"? No immediate miracles.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It is true there are no immediate miracles.

The final judge should always be one's ears. And it takes years to develop one's ears and map some of the structures that are possible in music.

I am just suggesting the tool to people that are trying to find a new perspective when looking at improv over chord changes.

And you don't need the computer to do this, it is a conceptual idea.
    Graphing is just faster when looking for subsets of structures, such as upper structure triads, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    My take, and it's personal, is that I work with computers all day long. I play to unwind, not use a computer some more.

But for someone else, it may be a useful teaching tool.

On the other hand (how many hands do you have?), I see too many people coming along looking for the magic jelly for jazz enlightenment. They ask "what's the shortcut way to learn X or achieve Y"? No immediate miracles.