The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

hmm. counterpoint in improvization, how about a stretto just before the theme ends and then maybe one may be able to present a countersubject, This would take a trio of genuises, well a duo can hardly handle an inversion, ( in such way),,,,,but its still inspiring

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What happened to this thread. A lot of us would be interested in simple understandings of concepts like tri-tone subs. Maybe a few examples and definitve definitions. Sorry you wasted so much time on this MW.

Sailor

User Info Menu

Nothing I do is a waste of time, I hope!

This is a great thread, I'll put together a page or two of examples and post them tonight.

Maybe that will bring the thread back to the forefront!

MW

User Info Menu

Here's a few pages on the basics of tri-tone subs. The first page describes the technique in a 2-5 situation. The second page gives an example of how to apply it to a blues in F.

MW

User Info Menu

Thanks for the great examples Matt! My earlier reference was not you wasting time but that I think it's a waste of time for others to be antagonistic and contrary. This is one of the best forums I've been on and I hate to see hostile posters.

I like the earlier def. you gave me i.e, tritone built on lowered 5th of any dominant becoming in essence a raised I chord at cadences OR chords that have roots a tritone apart. I hope my understanding in this is still intact.

Thanks Sailor

User Info Menu

Yep that's it. Theres a ton of ways to think about this stuff so whatever is the easiest I say go for it!

MW