The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah
    I like 'freak-ish' comedies... all those Adam Sandler, Jack Black, Owen Wilson etc. stuff.
    By the way I believe it is quite interesting genre. It is always a parody but they parody cliches in a way that there is always someone in the audience who begins to believe it is true. Especially sentimental 'family movie' clishes, they make it in a way you cannot understand if it serious or they mock it.

Like in this movie - how can one take seriously all these 'romance' moments? but they are made seriously like in melodrama or romcom and though they are surrounded byt craziest gags the perception of part of the audience is switched immidiately.

So people watch stupid corny comedy but at the end of it they have feeling like it was something more thant that.
    It was not.
    I love stupid comedy, simply because it is formulaic. Same reason I like romcom. They aren't the high art of cinema, but that's ok.

Sometimes I listen to Blink-182 and 90s Punk...it's not great, it's formulaic, it's predictable, I can play along and learn the song in about 18seconds...but I love it and it scratches an itch. Bad movies and bad music have their place (as long as I'm the one defining what is good and bad, other people's "bad movies" are just bad).

But, after a weekend bender on 90s punk, it's like a cleansing shower to come back to Coltrane.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AaronMColeman
    I love stupid comedy, simply because it is formulaic. Same reason I like romcom. They aren't the high art of cinema, but that's ok.

Sometimes I listen to Blink-182 and 90s Punk...it's not great, it's formulaic, it's predictable, I can play along and learn the song in about 18seconds...but I love it and it scratches an itch. Bad movies and bad music have their place (as long as I'm the one defining what is good and bad, other people's "bad movies" are just bad).

But, after a weekend bender on 90s punk, it's like a cleansing shower to come back to Coltrane.
    Yes, I agree... in this genre predictability is an advantage. You know what you want at the moment and you just get it.
    I can't say they are bad really.
    I think we should have common sense.
    You are not disappointed in good hamburger because you just do not expect it to be a good steak. It is what it is, and it is good as it is.