The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Posts 526 to 550 of 600
    This isn't even the first time we've discussed this. I've clarified before. I'm entitled to do that. Discussions don't go 'nah ah you already said' like we're in preschool.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I understand that, it'll be factored in.

In your movement to continue to straw man me?

User Info Menu

You're either not listening or you're doing it deliberately for some reason. Or, of course, you've got a personality issue as someone suggested and you honestly think you're being persecuted.

Try these. Read them carefully.

The official mad-at-theory thread

And back with the ad hominems when I'm the one being rational. But it's me who's off. Sure. Telling me to read carefully when you completely disregard what I forcefully tell you up front.

Nowhere in my post does it say if someone plays well it by definition means they are using theory. The summary of that post is players who would be characterized as ear players probably, but not by definition, have some theory background. Like Chet.

User Info Menu

I think we are really working towards an understanding here.... just another 20-30 more pages to go.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith
    And back with the ad hominems when I'm the one being rational. But it's me who's off. Sure. Telling me to read carefully when you completely disregard what I forcefully tell you up front.

Nowhere in my post does it say if someone plays well it by definition means they are using theory. The summary of that post is players who would be characterized as ear players probably, but not by definition, have some theory background. Like Chet.
    This is a bit of a cruncher. You realise what that means?

Then I clarified: "usually". Rag takin it back to preschool with the 'nah ah you said.'

I'm entitled to clarify or revise what I mean. Quit being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by SandChannel
    I think we are really working towards an understanding here.... just another 20-30 more pages to go.
    They're ridiculous.

User Info Menu

Answer #656.

While I get some supper.

I'm good. How about you try holding yourself to conduct standards.

User Info Menu

#656.

Practice creating a solo that isn't nonsense.
    Last edited by Jimmy Smith; 03-31-2023 at 01:23 PM.

User Info Menu

soon we’ll be at 666 ...the number of the beast...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    soon we’ll be at 666 ...the number of the beast...
    Iron Maiden certainly knew some theory regarding harmonies.

User Info Menu

‘The only thing more beautiful than a guitar is two guitars’ Chopin

meanwhile …
    The official mad-at-theory thread-1f1dc21e-de02-4b6a-a451-5499f22dfbeb-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    ‘The only thing more beautiful than a guitar is two guitars’ Chopin

meanwhile …
    The official mad-at-theory thread-1f1dc21e-de02-4b6a-a451-5499f22dfbeb-jpeg
    even better than two is three guitars. Maiden has had three for some time now. Plus bass guitar. RAWK!!!

The official mad-at-theory thread-tapkvq2bfhrarrymywckgq-jpg

Yes, zoom video call.

Yes! When I listen to him demonstrate it's like having a golden age jazz musician playing before my eyes. Great player. He's a pretty good teacher but not perfect. Sometimes I try to tell him stuff and he gets mad lol. Either how I want to approach the lesson or something I came up with. I think, I'm not trying to teach you something, I'm just trying to share where I'm coming from.

User Info Menu

#656.

Practice creating a solo that isn't nonsense.
    You ducked it. You ducked it last time too.

Very well, let's do it like this. Write your current position on this whole theory question, all previous statements null and void.

That's fair, isn't it? Then there's no room for misrepresentation by anyone, no one can strawman you, or anything else. And if, as you say, it is the rest of us who don't understand what you were saying previously, now there'll be no excuse .

It'll put an end to any perceived conspiracy against you and therefore all the insults, etc. And, personally, I'd be very happy to support you rigorously. You may still have to argue your position but at least it starts with a blank slate.

Good idea? Don't say you've already been clear, that's not the point. The point is to start afresh.

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Very well, let's do it like this. Write your current position on this whole theory question, all previous statements null and void. That's fair, isn't it?
    Which question?

User Info Menu

Which question?
    Good question, this thread was a spin-off of another thread so the first questions here were...

"Gravity - did it even exist before that apple fell on Newton's head?"

"Were we to only be mad at music theory here?"

Quote Originally Posted by pauln
    "Were we to only be mad at music theory here?"
    Don't let the liberal media tell you how to think and feel. If you have hate in your heart let it out! - Chapelle (joke)

User Info Menu

"Any man loses his spoon spends a night in the box"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pauln
    "Any man loses his spoon spends a night in the box"
    Truly. What we have here is...failure to communicate.