User Info Menu

Mine.............

Jens Larsen,
    Jazzguitar.be - Dirk of course.
    Chris Whiteman
    Rotem Siven and...................

Christian you know who!

David

Forgot to say that I get a real buzz from the vids/blog by tenor player Bob Reynolds. For sheer enthusiasm and tons of broad-based music tips he takes some beating.
    Last edited by blackcat; 08-10-2022 at 12:24 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Chris Parks (Things I’ve Learned from Barry Harris — YouTube)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Robert Conti
    Jake Reichbart
    Barry Greene
    Chris Whiteman

Tony

User Info Menu

I've learnt most from this place here.

No kidding...

I do not like systemized, elaborated vlogs because of their specific focus.
    In a sense I often feel like they make you believe that things are simpler than they really are - even when they say they are complex)))).

And on this forum there are no obligations - so you have to be able to choose what's worth and what's not.
    And often I felt how disagreed with someone - but something (not very sure even what) got me hooked and I came back to this later in my mind a few times and then it opens up... and I like collective conversation and its open nature.

User Info Menu

Pete Sklaroff
    Tim Miller
    Andrew Marzotto

[I learned tons from the OG Jimmy Bruno school years ago!]

User Info Menu

I concentrate on songs. If Barry Greene did a corresponding video lesson I’m all in. I learn best by focusing on songs not syllabuses. Rick Severson has some great content too in that regard as does Frank Vignola.

User Info Menu

Point taken, but for what it's worth, all of the individuals I listed major on songs and for Chord Melody Chris Whiteman takes some beating. Come to think of it, I probably should have listed Barry Greene.

David

User Info Menu

I really like the melodic triads course by Jordan Klemons of NYC Masterclass. My playing has improved immeasurably without the weight of theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Open Studio

User Info Menu

Jens Larsen
    Christian Miller
    Aimee Nolte
    Jeremy Siskind
    Scott Paddock
    Open Studio
    Jazz Duets
    Things I Learnt From Barry Harris
    Denis Chang
    Last edited by CliffR; 08-11-2022 at 07:21 AM.

User Info Menu

For me the best channel recently is newjazz. Big pity is for piano players, but the Oliver Prehn's improv teaching method is great imho

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr690
    I really like the melodic triads course by Jordan Klemons of NYC Masterclass. My playing has improved immeasurably without the weight of theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Curious if Jordan’s triad course is similar to the concepts in Garrison Fewell’s excellent book “Jazz Improvisation for Guitar: A Melodic Approach” which also deals with triads. There is an extensive discussion on Garrison’s book on this forum which I will have to revisit.

I have quite a few of Chris Whiteman’s chord melody arrangements. They are all excellent and within reach. Chris’ Patreon subscription at $3/mth is well worth it. I like how the posts are concise and not overwhelming.

Which brings up another question….my inbox is chock full of jazz instructional course advertisements. It can get overwhelming and distracting. How do you all stay focused?

User Info Menu

Open Studio has a lot of good material.

I also have learned a good deal from Reg's youtube videos because you can see and hear exactly what he's doing and he plays everything in time.

User Info Menu

Jens Larsen

I started watching Jens videos last year before I had even started playing again.

After a month or so the idea of actually working through Jens videos got me plating guitar again!

User Info Menu

Don't forget Richie Zellon's Bebop Guitar course. It is systematic, but it gave me great insight on Jazz Rhythmic tools, Using Mixolydian and Dorian and is focused on Jazz Blues. I think he has another Jazz course that focuses on more traditional Jazz progressions.