The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

More rancid clickbait. Enjoy!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think bird was thinking diminished where you put the A7 and C7. For the A7, it's like Iomaj7 going to Imaj7. For the C7, it's like going bIIIo7 to iim7.

Really funny video!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by don_oz
    I think bird was thinking diminished where you put the A7 and C7. For the A7, it's like Iomaj7 going to Imaj7. For the C7, it's like going bIIIo7 to iim7.

Really funny video!
    EDIT: as there’s an A and G in there I think A7, but as Bbo7maj7 is the same thing with a Bb bass? I’m just going on what I can see in Birds line here and there’s no Bb; the overall effect is certainly the same. It’s one of my favourite sounds in either form.

The C7 could be biiio7 i think I even play it at one point? I tend to assume diatonic everything less unless specified otherwise in the counterpoint. The movement is again very similar, and probably in a full harmonisation I’d use a Dbo7 there.

The question is - do you go full Chopin? (Barry would say OF COURSE!)

Anyway thanks for watching! Hope all is well with you, what are you up to these days?
    Last edited by Christian Miller; 07-29-2022 at 02:33 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    EDIT: as there’s an A and G in there I think A7, but as Bbo7maj7 is the same thing with a Bb bass? I’m just going on what I can see in Birds line here and there’s no Bb; the overall effect is certainly the same. It’s one of my favourite sounds in either form.

The C7 could be biiio7 i think I even play it at one point? I tend to assume diatonic everything less unless specified otherwise in the counterpoint. The movement is again very similar, and probably in a full harmonisation I’d use a Dbo7 there.

The question is - do you go full Chopin? (Barry would say OF COURSE!)

Anyway thanks for watching! Hope all is well with you, what are you up to these days?
    All is well.

I'm back in London for the time being. Playing tomorrow night actually. Let's have a session!

Hope the family is well!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by don_oz
    All is well.

I'm back in London for the time being. Playing tomorrow night actually. Let's have a session!

Hope the family is well!
    Would be great! Let me know your movements have a couple of fairly relaxed weeks coming up

User Info Menu

i think the tune is called celerity and not celebrity.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djg
    i think the tune is called celerity and not celebrity.
    I’ve think I’ve heard it referred to as both?
    Last edited by Christian Miller; 07-30-2022 at 08:36 AM.

User Info Menu

Great video!
    My mental -rate of information absorption- is too slow to keep up so I'll have to watch a few times.
    I did have a theory revelation while watching though.