The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 126 to 132 of 132

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    ...The stage was a flatbed trailer, there were no monitors, and there was no sound check...
    I played that gig a few times. You didn't happen to be playing a fest at Jantzen Beach, just outside of Portland Or?

You nailed the sound problem. I always liked some walls nearby. And maybe a ceiling. And I always prefer to do my performing under cover of darkness. Felt like a beached whale on a summer day out there.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    I played that gig a few times. You didn't happen to be playing a fest at Jantzen Beach, just outside of Portland Or?

You nailed the sound problem. I always liked some walls nearby. And maybe a ceiling. And I always prefer to do my performing under cover of darkness. Felt like a beached whale on a summer day out there.
    As a matter of fact, it was in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area, on a cloudy, windy day at a railroad siding, IIRC. The upside is that the crowd was sparse, due to threatening weather conditions, but cold solace for an embarrassing performance. The worst part is the pit-of-the-stomach feeling of shame/horror because you know full well you (singly and as a group) suck real bad - and there is nothing you can do about it except stiffen the upper lip, put on a happy face, and forge ahead. The Show Must Go On, y'know.

User Info Menu

Recent cut with Marcus Miller and Joe Lovano -- maybe some of you were there that week?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Recent cut with Marcus Miller and Joe Lovano -- maybe some of you were there that week?

...very nice solo of Charles Altura...:-)
    Thanks for the video

User Info Menu

Charles "Grumpy Cat" Altura.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    ...very nice solo of Charles Altura...:-)
    Thanks for the video
    great sound of lonnie's lament !

(I like the guitar altura solo more than the bass marcus solo but that's me).

User Info Menu

Man, this guy plays with some greats! Must be who he knows, certainly couldn't have anything to do with his playing.