The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's a scale concept I have developed. I dedicated a page on my website to it. I hope someone finds it useful? I'm not selling anything. Just sharing.

Mike James - OAS

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike James
    Here's a scale concept I have developed. I dedicated a page on my website to it. I hope someone finds it useful? I'm not selling anything. Just sharing.

Mike James - OAS
    I have zero ability to view music as scales, but this seems pretty cool, it's well thought out and explained. Nice work.

User Info Menu

In a sentence, it's the altered scale plus the perfect 5th? That's it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    In a sentence, it's the altered scale plus the perfect 5th? That's it?
    Yep, Simple.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I have zero ability to view music as scales, but this seems pretty cool, it's well thought out and explained. Nice work.
    Thank you!

User Info Menu

That's usually how I see altered. For some reason, it makes fretboard visualization more intuitive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    My thoughts exactly, sadly

(Every time I look at something like this I am reminded of a co-worker in a lab I was part of long ago, who'd say things like "here's another sheet with nice equations" during the weekly meetings )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    My thoughts exactly, sadly

(Every time I look at something like this I am reminded of a co-worker in a lab I was part of long ago, who'd say things like "here's another sheet with nice equations" during the weekly meetings )
    I agree it's a very densely packed document. Many jazz musicians have written books with hundreds of pages to cover what I covered in 3 pages.