The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

oh, and I'd seriously recommend having something like the Eric Taylor AB Guide To Music Theory Parts I and II on hand as reference texts too.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Jeff Brent Guest
    OK, OK, OK ...

Here's the list of Jazzology typos, etc:

Jazzology Final Proof for JazzGuitar.be (word .doc)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brent
    OK, OK, OK ...

Here's the list of Jazzology typos, etc:

Jazzology Final Proof for JazzGuitar.be (word .doc)
    Thanks Jeff

User Info Menu

Thanks so much Jeff. I really appreciate it.

User Info Menu

Thanks Jeff, you're awesome!

User Info Menu

Bump. I've been in contact with JB a little. I dig this book. I was suprised that there were errors at all. Proves how much I know!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brent
    In the book right underneath it says "Some structures are subject to multiple interpretations".

A liberal translation might be "Think of them whatever way works best for you"

MI (multiple interpretations).
    Yes, but that's not the question. The issue is that first of all (p.17), "slash chords" and "hybrid chords" are referred to as the same thing - different (interchangeable) names for the same thing. But on p.20, we're asked to differentiate between slash chords and hybrid chords. How can we do that if they're the same?
    My feeling is that the three types on p.20 need to be referred to as "upper structure", "polychords" or "slash/hybrid", respectively. Either that, or the text on p.17 needs looking at (ie what IS the difference - if any - between slash and hybrid?).

I take the point that some chords on p.20 could have more than one label, which is quite clear in the original.

(Apologies if you answer this point in the typos link - I haven't read that yet. Thanks for that, I'll go through my copy and make corrections... on things I haven't yet spotted myself, that is! )

EDIT: damn, just noticed how old this thread was!