The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 23 of 23

User Info Menu

Making a thread about a good basic theory regimen for practicing and building solos. If you don't like theory then get the fuck off my thread. Haha yeah no, it's not necessary to post here saying that you don't like theory, or that it's more important to listen/transcribe/sing etc. I think that stuff is equally important but I like to have a framework of theory and force myself to make lines out of it. Plus when you practice it, it removes obstacles about having to think about notes and you can play more freely.

I'm thinking about making myself practice in any key or song: 1. the scales I frequently use. 2. the arps. 3. and I think I'm gonna add intervals. Gonna make sure I can run them in any key and then also practice making ideas out of them.

Here's a hardcore interval theory vid that you can skip through. I don't always like to do super academic mega theory regimens, but I think adding this 1 thing will really help me.

Last edited by Clint 55; 12-07-2021 at 05:03 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

lol, evidently so ‘hardcore’ it has been deemed unsuitable for under-18s.

It appears to need an age verification check before you can watch it.

Minimum theory devices for soloing-6d68e9f6-3b35-4770-a119-6106bf8cf31d-jpeg

User Info Menu

It says the uploader has requested this restriction. Presumably he didn't realise the implications of doing this!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    It appears to need an age verification check before you can watch it.
    Coincidentally this happened to me just a few minutes ago regarding a clip with (innocent) medical content. I have never ever encountered this before - is this something new on YT?

User Info Menu

I clicked 'Watch on YouTube' and it just opened up in another tab all ready to go, no problem.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    I clicked 'Watch on YouTube' and it just opened up in another tab all ready to go, no problem.
    Big Brother already knows how old you are...

User Info Menu

I got a big boggly-eyed bloke who said there were hundreds of small scale sequences which you had to play three thousand times each. Yes, three thousand times each or you wouldn't remember them.

Guess how long I watched it for :-)

User Info Menu

How are you supposed to prove your age, anyway? Send them a birth certificate?

User Info Menu

+1
    It doesn't work for me either.
    Maybe I'm too old... or this is just the minimum-minimum theory.

User Info Menu

How are you supposed to prove your age, anyway? Send them a birth certificate?
    It comes up with this:

Minimum theory devices for soloing-5ee6d666-127b-4fa2-9de6-4e22daea08a4-jpeg

User Info Menu

I got a big boggly-eyed bloke who said there were hundreds of small scale sequences which you had to play three thousand times each. Yes, three thousand times each or you wouldn't remember them.
    If the restriction prevents me from seeing videos like that, I’m all for it.

User Info Menu

:-)

I'm logged into YouTube so presumably I must have ID'd myself at some point in time, hence the instant access.

User Info Menu

:-)

I'm logged into YouTube so presumably I must have ID'd myself at some point in time, hence the instant access.
    won’t ask why you felt the need to verify access to restricted over-18 content...

User Info Menu

If the restriction prevents me from seeing videos like that, I’m all for it.
    Maybe this video is aimed at one person only.I just think so.

User Info Menu

won’t ask why you felt the need to verify access to restricted over-18 content...
    I can't remember now but I probably did it as a matter of course. So as not to miss anything, you understand... :-)

User Info Menu

No age restriction for me.

I started watching. He wants me to download three pages from his website, and print them.

This is like the nineties.

User Info Menu

Has anyone ever heard Mr. Brown actually play a tune? You know, like make music? Anybody?

Me neither.

User Info Menu

Oh, it's Pebber Brown. Oh dear. He's a lot to take.

User Info Menu

Sorry, Clint, we're trashing your video. But it is a bit much!

User Info Menu

Guess how long I watched it for :-)
    Yep. Like I said, I usually (never) go for comprehensive theory study regimes where I have to work stuff for hours and hours that doesn't relate to music. However, I'm intrigued with this idea of intervals so I'm gonna work it. Skip around the video or just have it on in the background. He must have put age restricted video because he's a teacher and he probably did some at worst PG13 talking in there.

The one time I have undertaken a mega theory regime and really gotten epic results out of it is my 24 key practice. I feel it's made me more fluent.

User Info Menu

Sorry, Clint, we're trashing your video. But it is a bit much!
    Skip around to get the jist of it! Start at 10 minutes or so and have it on in the background.

Anyway the thread would be about studying intervals or other basic theory concepts to make lines out of. The vid isn't integral.

User Info Menu

To not torture your attention span:

User Info Menu

Has anyone ever heard Mr. Brown actually play a tune? You know, like make music? Anybody?

Me neither.
    Pebbz is the 1 guy that I would say could use a tad more music and a tad less theory lol.