Hi!

Here's little analysis and licks from the largest chord of melodic minor scale. I hope you like it!

Kindest, Mikko

Lähetetty minun SM-A405FN laitteesta Tapatalkilla

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Cool video. The #11 thread made me look at all these options for minor. It seems you can extend a (tonic) minor chord in much the same way as you can a major chord. For major it would be 1-3-5-maj7-9-#11-13. For minor you can do the same, just flat the 3rd. 1-b3-5-maj7-9-#11-13. Obviously you don't have to choose every note every time, like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint 55
    Cool video. The #11 thread made me look at all these options for minor. It seems you can extend a (tonic) minor chord in much the same way as you can a major chord. For major it would be 1-3-5-maj7-9-#11-13. For minor you can do the same, just flat the 3rd. 1-b3-5-maj7-9-#11-13. Obviously you don't have to choose every note every time, like you said.
    Thank you! You are right. With guitar you feel little bit limited with these extended chords but they are nice with playing arpeggios.

User Info Menu

yea Mel. Min. with the nat. 11 and,

Har. Maj. chord from the 4th degree has the #11...So "B" Har. Maj. would produce the.. "E" min 1,9,b3,#11,5,13,7 or
    IV -ma7#11 13...depending on context, sometimes labeled Lydian b3.

Pretty difficult chord, the #11 version to use tonally. While the MM version as posted by Mikko has many applications, functional or as embellishment.

I always really like those Guitars Mikko, sound great and even look better. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    yea Mel. Min. with the nat. 11 and,

Har. Maj. chord from the 4th degree has the #11...So "B" Har. Maj. would produce the.. "E" min 1,9,b3,#11,5,13,7 or
    IV -ma7#11 13...depending on context, sometimes labeled Lydian b3.

Pretty difficult chord, the #11 version to use tonally. While the MM version as posted by Mikko has many applications, functional or as embellishment.

I always really like those Guitars Mikko, sound great and even look better. Thanks
    Thank you! I have to dig into those chords from harmonic minor too. Analysis amd licks for EmMaj13Analysis amd licks for EmMaj13