Hello everyone, hope you’re having a great week so far!

I posted this to the "Technique" section, but this topic is also very related to "Theory". So I hope you guys don't mind

This time I decided to make a tutorial/workout routine for practicing 7th chords arpeggios. In this lesson we’ll be arpeggiating all 4 types of different chords available in a major key: major7, minor7, dominant7 and half-diminished (m7b5). And I’ll also show you a different way of thinking about these same arpeggios and playing them over different chords.

Give it a try and let me know if it was useful for you. Waiting for your comments and feedback!

Thank you for watching and have a great weekend

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's a nice start, but jazz guitarists need to know at least seven (7) one-octave fingerings for those. Two shapes each from starting strings 6,5, and 4, and one or two shapes from starting string 3. That's at minimum.

A very high percentage of jazz langage ideas are expressed within one octave, and guitarists need to cover the fretboard.

Nice start though.

User Info Menu

Well done. You set forth a modest but practical goal and presented it with graduated tempos and opened a window into application for progressions derived from multiple keys.