User Info Menu

I haven’t made a video for a while and wanted to make a video to answer someone’s question about Georgia because it would be quicker than writing it out. Well, I don’t think it was because the video ended up really long. This is probably something many of you already know but in case it might help someone who doesn’t know why, for example, a ii chord might be dominant, or why Georgia is in F but the second chord is A7, I figured I would share this here.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice! Regarding the B section; the "key change" is from major to its relative minor, so no change in key signature, and it is not serving as a modulation, yet in spite of Dm being the proper sub mediant of the F major harmonized scale, the analysis shifts the "one" from F to D.
    Perhaps a brief motivation of why that shift is made under these conditions might avoid potential confusion distinguishing among changing key, changing key signature, modulation, and reassignment of the "one"?

User Info Menu

good lesson...

a basic diatonic harmony (Major scale)/theory ..with a good tune to show function of chords and a fairly clear example of secondary dom chord functions

perhaps a follow up could be the flat-five concept ..that would fill the rest of the chromatic scale ..(the black keys)

bVII bIII bVi bII bV..( the pentatonic scale)

User Info Menu

I think the bridge section of Georgia, in the relative minor, actually is considered a “modulation”.