The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

I played a little bit of piano in school. Cause we needed to pass basic piano stuff in order to pass grade.
    For all the musical terms there, we used like Italian language.
    I'm not sure how it is in terms of guitar. Cause we had only piano.
    But for piano technique and basic music stuff we used 95% of time Italian terms.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mecena
    I played a little bit of piano in school. Cause we needed to pass basic piano stuff in order to pass grade.
    For all the musical terms there, we used like Italian language.
    I'm not sure how it is in terms of guitar. Cause we had only piano.
    But for piano technique and basic music stuff we used 95% of time Italian terms.
    Yes like classical guitar; Forte, Allegro, Andante, Da Capo, etc. I see a similarity in what Peter C says, in that it looks like some English terms are equivalent universal words for contemporary guitar, at least in Spanish.

User Info Menu

I don't know if you get what I'm saying: of course we don't say "fret" in Spanish - it's a part of the guitar, which existed here in Spain long before any of the aforementioned musical genres appeared.

If you're English-speaking and learning Flamenco guitar, you'll go through a similar process.....

alzapúa - technique that uses solely the thumb

rasgueado - drumroll effect created by using the the fingernails, striking the strings one after another (held back by the thumb)

OK?

Anyway, if you post an example text of what you think your translator(?) is looking for, I'll tell you how it looks.
    Last edited by Peter C; 03-05-2020 at 07:46 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    I don't know if you get what I'm saying: of course we don't say "fret" in Spanish - it's a part of the guitar, which existed here in Spain long before any of the aforementioned musical genres appeared.

I'm guessing it's the last part in my previous post that makes you think that I think that? where I wondered about the bit on the website you linked that said:

b) Freet tapping con acordes

"Anyway, if you post an example text of what you think your translator is looking for, I'll tell you how it looks."

No need. The input from this thread is most useful. Besides I already get opinions that vary from translators themselves which I have to weigh my decisions between.