User Info Menu

I found this fascinating. While not a true jazz song (not really any swing), it uses a great set of jazz chords. I love the whole “What Makes This Song Great” series Rick Beato does.

Redeemed, Husband, Father, Veteran. Thankful for all four!

I play a customized Godin 5th Avenue, Córdoba GK Studio, and a Hamer Korina. I also play a Kala uBass on occasion

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Joshua Redman performed it with his Trio last time I saw him

User Info Menu

Synchronicity, great album.
    At least that cut was on my cassette version.

User Info Menu

Andy Summers is some sort of genius at making these kinds of fusiony ideas work in pop songs.

User Info Menu

Sting performed this with Zappa in '88 coming off of Stolen Moments. It's got a bit of swing to it:

The disgusting stink of a too-loud electric guitar; now that's my idea of a good time - Frank Zappa

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FwLineberry View Post
    Sting performed this with Zappa in '88 coming off of Stolen Moments. It's got a bit of swing to it:

Yeah .. but that's just Sting singing the lyrics over a 12 bar blues ... always hated that version

User Info Menu

That second chord (Fsus/A = A, F , Bb, C, F) caught me by surprise. I've always assumed it was a rootless, 5th fret D7#9 with an A in the bass. Listened carefully and there is the Bb and there is no F#!